Sunday, October 28, 2012

A Few Things


The trees in Nashville are gorgeous! Too bad we have all those electrical wires to detract from the view! I plan to scrapbook this for just that reason. 50 or 100 years from now, the trees might still be gorgeous, but I think people will be amazed that this was how we got our power.
I passed this beautiful old building on my way from downtown. I had never noticed it before---it's not on my usual route. Then I noticed this on the front:
 Who knew? I thought this was just some far out religious group that only celebrities belonged to! On second thought, we do have a lot of celebrities in Music City.
 These are the Halloween eggs I made this year. I remember seeing them on some blog, but didn't keep it. I never really thought I would make them. Then I needed a project for my day group. I started with plastic Easter eggs---any color. Then we paper mached strips of book print. After they dried, we painted them with watered down acrylic paint so the print would show through. I put a little too much water n the purple ones. Add ribbon and a stick on Halloween icon. Pile them up in a little bowl.
 When we were in Charlotte a couple of weeks ago, Stephanie sent this gift of chocolates for Mitchell.
 This is what he found when he opened it up. Perfect for a "sweet" 16 birthday. Clever, Steph!
 And here is that 16 year old boy. He is well over 6ft. He's so sweet---his gift from Steph was perfect.
 Another family member converted!! Actually, Macs are what Mitchell's new school uses. He likes it.
Mindy texted this to us last week after sending us a picture of the fire engine red camaro she rented for the week. She's living "high."
Just me out running errands.

Tomorrow a few pictures from our trip to D.C. I'd planned to blog from there, but forgot my camera cord. Later...

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful trees Barbara, I always intended going to Nashville one day, but now I refuse to fly so I don't think it will ever happan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm getting more afraid of flying as I get older, but I think I might force myself for Nashville!

    I love that text message

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.