Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Butch Has a Banner Day

It didn't start out that way. In fact, he started out having his own FTS experience. Call #1 was to OnStar. To make a very long story short, he was being charged for my car which he cancelled last March. He had already negotiated a good deal for himself---$14.95 a month. It's supposed to be $25.95.
Not only did he get them to give him a refund, but he ended up with an even better deal. The supervisor had to call him back to get some updated credit card information. She told him that since she had to call back, she was reducing his rate to $12.95 and he's getting a month free.

Call #2 was to Sirius satellite radio. The satellite radio in Jordan's car (the jeep that we sold her) had a two year contract that had just expired. At $14.95 a month, Butch told her he was canceling it. By the time he got off the phone, he had them down to $7.00 a month. Lucky Jordan gets another year of satellite radio!

Butch has always been the master negotiator. I guess he honed his skills during his work career with Central Parking. He even negotiated an automobile purchase for friends.

Now that I think about it, he actually negotiated me right in to marriage---41 years ago. I'll never forget that romantic proposal. "Barb, I was thinking, I figure two can live as cheaply as one. You want to get married?" I'm so glad I said yes---although I think he found out pretty quickly that his theory was all wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah and having 3 girls didn't really help reduce his costs either!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.