Monday, October 8, 2012

I interrupt...

...my weekend report to relay another story.

Today, I decided to order some ink for my printer from Office Depot online. I've done it a million times. This time was exactly the reason I coined the term FTS a few years ago. For those that might not know what that means, just think of the worst words you know with a "this" in the middle!! I think you've got it.

I had a "reward certificate" for $29.88 that I wanted to use with my $65.00 ink purchase. I went through the whole check out procedure, but couldn't find any place to enter the certificate. I read the small print on the certificate and it sent me to a website called "lifework rewards.com." Once there, it asked me to login. After several tries, it would not accept my user name and/or password. Soooo...
I made the first of THREE calls to customer service.

Call #1 went like this:
"Okay, Barbara, I'll be happy to help you." A minute or so later, she says, "oh, I see the problem. You are not registered on the lifework rewards website." Huh---Office Depot has a different login site for the rewards program? Then she asked for my customer number. Turns out that's different from the member number. She tells me I need to register. Okay, I hang up.

OF COURSE, once I set up that account, it showed NO rewards. I proceed anyway to place my order. Once again, I come to the screen that won't allow me to put in the reward certificate.

Call #2 went like this:
"Okay Barbara, I'll be happy to help you." A minute or so later she says, "oh, I see the problem. You haven't logged in to the Office Depot site." What the ....!! I keep her on the phone while I try to log in. Can't do it---log in information is incorrect. What??? I just created it?? I'm really starting to lose it. She walks me through and creates a new password for me---my zip code---37027---yeah, like I'm going to remember that the next time. She walks me through the entire ordering process---like I haven't done it a million times. We get to where you enter the reward certificate---except the certificate I'm holding says "reward certificate"---the page I'm looking at says "reward card." I tell the gal this is ridiculous---two different sites, two different logins/passwords, two different member/customer numbers and finally, two different terms for the same "frickin'" thing!! Finally, I make my purchase, all goes well. I hang up.

I receive my email confirmation---it doesn't show my $29.88 reward and shows the full price. Seriously?

OMG! I was really losing it---saying FTS---several times as I called back for the third time.

Call #3 went like this:
IT STARTS OUT WITH A 'FRIGGIN' RECORDING THAT I'VE WON A TRIP TO THE BAHAMAS!  I'm in no mood for a trip OR a lengthy recording. I was so angry. When the gal answered with, "How can I help you today?", my exact words were: "I am trying very hard to remain calm as I realize this is not your fault." (I've talked to a different person each time). I continue, "this is the third time I've had to call in over an hour now." I proceed to tell her how I did not get my discount. She says, "yes you did. You were only charged $30 something." OMG! Why would they send a confirmation email that doesn't in anyway reflect that?? This has been the most ridiculous situation.

All I can say is FTS!

The rest of my fun weekend tomorrow---with pictures.




1 comment:

  1. You tell a story so well! I wouldn't have known whether to laugh or cry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.