Monday, October 1, 2012

It's Good to be Home

You know that saying about "wherever you roam---there's no place like home?" Well, it's really true. It doesn't matter how much fun you have had, it's always good to get home. 

This was our semi-annual golf trip. The guys play golf and we girls scrapbook. We girls went on Wednesday and the boys came on Friday. As we were preparing appetizers and gin & tonics for the boys, Karolyn came up with a new plan. From now on, we're not going to invite the guys on our golf weekends!! We informed them at dinner about our new plan. They said that was fine with them as they'd go out-of-state to golf without us. Later, we revised our plan. Our golf weekends do not include the guys, but their golf weekends DO include the girls!! We want it both ways!

Just thought I'd show you a few shots of my work space. I don't know how it happens, but all of the stuff seems to encroach until I'm left with a tiny spot to work.



 This is the stuff leftover from the previous layouts---it really starts to pile up.
 On this side, is all of the paper scraps and extra pictures that mount up too. I finally had to stop and get it all cleaned up so I could have a clean work area. I ended up just putting all this "stuff" in a ziplock bag to get it out of the way. I dread facing those bags now that I'm home.
 Karolyn is the neatest among us. She always seems to have plenty of room. She did lose the stylus to her Gypsy. I found it the next morning---she had used it as a place holder in her Quickutz binder. If I hadn't decided to use one of her alphabets, it would have been lost for months.
Don't let Pam's space fool you. She just cleaned hers up when she lost her 6 inch ruler and the stylus to her gypsy too.

When we got home on Sunday this note was in the refrigerator:
The dip is very good---and it must really make a lot because she left us a pretty good sized container. I tried it with bananas and it was delish. If I had the recipe, I'd share it here. 

Last week, we had Mindy's car because it needed to have some work done. With her traveling for work, she pretty much has to rely on us to help out. Butch is never happy with the state of her car. Let's just say, she's not in to cleaning it out. Years ago, when I helped her move in New Orleans from one apartment to another, she didn't take out the final load for over two years. When she can't find something, it's usually in her car. This time, after Butch cleaned out her car, he put a bag in the front seat and told her to take it in to her condo. She was surprised to find a brand new Pampered Chef can opener. That bag has been in her car since LAST year. She then admitted that she has not opened a single can since moving in to her condo in January. That explains why she's only used the stove ONCE!! And why she cooks over here! We just shake our heads...and just be happy for the stories she provides us with.

I went over to Steph's on Sunday to see the girls. Immediately, they tried to talk me in to this. 
I very nearly caved after my only argument---"girls, no, we travel too much to have a pet" met with, "but we have to go over to feed the fish and get the mail anyway." Our cats have always been outside cats. Then I remembered about the neighbors we're fighting with. She made a comment about our cat walking on her car that last time we had one. I don't need anymore trouble from her. I have to stand firm. I might not like animals, but I get attached really easy.

I decorated for Halloween in the afternoon. These little guys scared me when I reached in to the box. They sure look real. Gotta love scaring myself!

I'll share some of my layouts with you when I get them photographed.
Later...


2 comments:

  1. Mindy sounds like my kind of person. Ask her to give us the dip recipe please, I need something to give Mr M a change from "boring fruit".
    I love the idea of a crafting weekend. Any chance you and the girls could come over here? We have the Celtic Manor Resort just up the road. The Guys could play golf to their hearts content there - on the Ryder Cup course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know, we are only temporarily holding Rio until she fattens up enough to scare off your real mice! You may think you haven't caved, but we haven't even started working on Dad yet! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.