Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Now I've Seen it All!

A redneck camper! I'd never seen one in person. I guess the door must open to the inside otherwise the handle on the left would be useless. You need that to hoist yourself up---that's one tall step. At least it has air conditioning. I'll bet it has shag carpeting on the inside. I shouldn't be making fun---it sort of looks like it belongs to a serial killer. At least if I'm called in for questioning, I have a picture.
Started my Christmas shopping a couple of weeks ago. As I was buying a few things in Juicy Couture, I thought these hairbands would be cute for the girls. Uhhh, NO, not at $36.00!! For crying out loud they're elastic bands! Okay, with some cute Juicy charms dangling off them. But still....
After shopping, this is what I saw when I returned to my car. Mine is on the right. This is what I'm talking about. People continually block me in. It's so rude. This time, I had a little room only because I left a lot of space on my driver's side. Don't think I blocked the person next to me as I parked on the end. I would never do that. It's just so annoying. Did I ever mention that I hate my "big-a**" car?
My favorite thing on my new phone. It's called "Passbook." One click and my Starbucks card pops up for easy check out. Basically, it's my gold card loaded on to my phone. Cool.
Here we go again. It's only been chilly enough for jackets a couple of times. Hence two jackets on "his" kitchen chair coat racks.

 Seriously, a week before Thanksgiving and the Salvation Army Christmas collecting guys are already out?
 Yesterday, my friends and I went to the Savannah Tea Room. After selecting your tea, you get to pick your teacup. I thought that was a cute little treat. I was unhappy about the paper napkins. When it comes to tea, cloth is the only way set a proper one.

Which reminds me. I've been thinking about Christmas which led me to think about A Christmas Carol. To my British friends out there---is a Christmas goose your traditional dinner? I've never had a goose. Actually, I can't recall ever seeing one in the grocery store. We do turkeys.
This is where you used to find me first thing in the morning with my tea and laptop. All cozy in front of the fire---we have gas logs in the living room. Since I've gotten back in to the tread mill routine, I only get an afternoon here or there. I still spend Sunday mornings here.

The gas fireplace reminds me of another thing. Once again, the Lapps have one of the gas type but you can't open the doors. Basically, it's like looking at a movie of a fire. It's been like this in their last 4 houses in PA, MI and now NC. Can you even get a real wood burning fireplace in a new house anymore? Plus, I don't understand why you can't open the doors. It would be pretty hard for something to catch fire. It only feels hot about 12" or closer to the flames. Sparks don't shoot out or anything. I don't get it. I like a good fire.

Seems like I had a few more thing to say, but I didn't write them down, so they are gone!

Here's the easy recipe I promised:

Chicken Cordon Bleu  Roll-ups
1 pkg. crescent rolls
fried chicken tenders (the recipe calls for Tyson-frozen. I used fresh from the grocery deli)
ham slices
swiss cheese slices
honey mustard

Separate the crescent rolls. Squirt a line of honey mustard (I used the hot style) on each crescent roll. top with swiss cheese, ham and chicken finger. Roll up. Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes. (My oven cooks quickly, so I checked them after 16 minutes and they were done.

These were so easy and good. I served them with potato salad and extra honey mustard for dipping.

2 comments:

  1. You always do such a great job of pulling together lots of little bits of news into one fun post!

    No, we always have turkey for Christmas. There was the famous year my Mum thought she would go fancy and serve duck...when it came to cook it, the smell was so bad she put it straight into the fire and we had chicken instead

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to get Wookie for years to do Goose remembering all those years of reading about British Christmas dinners. But like Sian we do turkey every year - even if we've had one for Thanksgiving!

    Saw our first Christmas tree fully decorated tonight! Haven't tried the passbook yet, have planned to - need to get time to play around with this new phone :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.