Friday, November 9, 2012

We're Doomed!

Let me start off by saying that I have NEVER done a political post before. So, if you are not in to that sort of thing, then just skip this one. But I can't NOT speak up. 

I've been depressed since the election. I'm downright scared for our future. There have been other elections where I felt uneasy, but this one was crucial for the US. I know that there are a lot of people who are a whole lot smarter than me and a lot of people who have a whole lot more money than me who think this is the right choice. But I just don't get it. As Butch put it,"no other president has polarized this country as quickly as this one." I don't recall another time when we've been so divided by not only our politics, but by race, religion and money. It's not just a black and white issue any more. The only time we seem to be united is when there's a tragedy. I hate to think that that's what it's going to take to get us pulling together again. The debt is crushing us and soon, so will our taxes. I stand by my belief that we need someone that can understand and go through the national budget with a fine tooth comb. Get rid of all the superfluous crap. 

We have no choice now but to try to get behind our president. He's talking a good talk, but I'm afraid, that the changes to come will not be for the better. That scares me and depresses me. I'm usually such an upbeat and positive person. But right now, I just feel doomed.

I think I'll just have to go along with Mindy's thoughts on the subject: 
"Look, I know a lot of us disagree about a lot of things. But can we just set our differences aside for one minute today and all agree that Ross and Rachel were, in fact, on a break?"

2 comments:

  1. I look at our politicians and feel the same Barbara. As long as you voted you can say what you like about them. It won't make a blind bit of difference to what they do but if you took the time to vote then you have the right to complain. One thing is for sure, things may change and we may not have any money but we can still agree with Mindy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what Ladkyis has to say on this!

    The one thing which really stands out for me about your elections is how open everyone is with thier allegiances. Round here a lot more voters keep their cards closer to their chest

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.