Sunday, December 30, 2012

12 Favorite Layouts in 2012

I've hooked up to a "link" party over at Stephanie Howell's blog. Check out other great layouts by clicking here: Favorite Layouts of 2012

Here are mine:
 "Out of the Closet" tells the story of an ugly robe from the 1970's. When my husband finally decided to get rid of it in 2011, the girls pulled it out of the good will pile and gave it back to him for Christmas. I loved using the old button cards.
 "Big Mistake" is about how I dislike my new car. I crossed it with my grandparent's driveway in the 1940's---I had no idea who the cars belonged to. It was a fun way to use photos that I had no information about. I just imagined that while I was complaining about my "fancy schmancy" car, the owners of those old cars would love our modern conveniences like power everything and air conditioning. I did some straight line embroidering to form the grid pattern.
 "they call me GRAMMY"---by any other name...a fun page about my "grands."
"the Hairclip bush" is about a funny little trick I played on the girls when they were little. They still remember it.
 "Grandma Pierson" is a page about my adopted grandma. I took the photos from an early album that I had cut in to crazy shapes (remember when we did that?) I turned them in to flowers to make sense out of them. "Holy Grail" is about how Scrabble and Words with Friends are really different. I love to print my journaling on post it notes. They are so easy to run through the printer.
 "My Boy Steve Jobs"---I mourned him and had to pay tribute with a layout. Hexagons are all the rage and I love using them. I used the sewing machine with a red zigzag to hold them down.
 More hexagons "On the Town." A pretty simple layout without too much embellishment.
 "In the country" tells of my crazy grandmother and the fun we had visiting her. "Jealous of these two" is about my twin sisters and the bike I got for Christmas but couldn't ride due to a broken arm. My dad made me let them ride it first! Totally unfair!
 "These 2 sleep together" is about my friend, Pam. We take a lot of ribbing for sharing beds on our girl's trips. We're compatible roommates. It was a fun way to acknowledge our friendship.
 "Someone Like You" is my favorite song for 2012 by Adele. I had to find a way to commemorate it. A layout about my guy of 41 years was "it"! I used the sewing machine to sew on the hearts.
 "A day with my Peeps" is about hot summer days floating in the pool. I embroidered "Peeps" on a sunny yellow tag with an aqua thread.
 "one covered bridge after another" follows our drive through New England in the fall of 2012. I got the brown and red inspiration with the old Raleigh cigarette coupons I found on that trip.
"all 7 of us" is my favorite color combination of the year. I plan to use more yellow and grey this year. This layout was inspired by a pre-made sketch.

Check out other great layouts here:
Layouts of 2012

4 comments:

  1. WOWEE! These are all just fabulous Barbara. Not only do you have a strong sense of design...I love how each of your layouts TELL THE STORY. Big Mistake is by far my favorite. What an awesome layout AND story.
    Happy New Year...thanks so much for sharing!
    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Look at all of these double page layouts! I hate creating doubles but you make it look easy. I had to LOL at your kids giving their Dad his robe back, great story! TFS your favourites :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fabulous! Love the one about the car and those hexagons on the Steve Jobs one look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you have so much journalling on each page. It really is all about the story the pictures tell.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.