Friday, December 21, 2012

The Calm Before the Storm

Everything's ready---23 lb. turkey defrosting and 2 fudge pies are cooling on the counter.
 Restaurant sized can of green beans, it takes large quantities of food.
A fully stocked pantry. We definitely have enough food for the week!! Lots of cookies, home baked breads, spinach balls, mushroom crustads and cheese balls.

Now I'm crying my way through Penny Serenade. It's an old black and white movie starring Cary Grant and Irene Dunn. I've seen it a dozen times. It's funny and a tear-jerker at the same time. I'm just relaxing with my stitching before the gang arrives later this afternoon. This will be my last opportunity for calm!! Let the fun begin....

1 comment:

  1. A bit of calm before the storm is always a good thing. Hope it was a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.