Sunday, January 13, 2013

Operation Organization

So, how did it go this week? Did you get anything accomplished in your kitchen? Connie said she wasn't going to do the entire kitchen, but that she was motivated to do under her sink and a small closet off the kitchen. 

I finished my kitchen. Here are a few shots:
This is the cabinet where I keep the summer/pool plastic cups here along with our poker money.
 After.

 The desk drawer wasn't all that bad to begin with. I really need to get some sort of organizer trays to keep things from just sliding around.
 
 After: I plan to go to the Container Store this week. Hopefully that will solve the problem of stuff sliding all around.
 Before
 After: Seems I have a multiples problem with glue too.
 And lens cloths. I keep them everywhere---my purse, car, desk drawer. These are the spares.
 
Everyone has one of these---the junk drawer---where you keep all kinds of junk that you don't know where to put. Butch cleaned this one out. He wasn't too happy when I brought it to him while he was watching football.
This is what you can do with 5 minutes. I tested every pen and got rid of all the bad ones. There are a lot of quick jobs you can do with little snips of time---clean a refrigerator shelf, clean out your silverware caddy, just pick something and do it.

Butch and I went to Stephanie's on Saturday to give her a hand. I always forget to take some before pictures, but here are a few:
 These are the before pictures.

I didn't get a "before for her spice cabinet. It was a mess.
After
For whatever reason, I can't seem to get my pictures aligned nicely. 
This is Steph's cleaned out pantry. She was able to see that the girls have been telling the truth about them not having any food!

Are you ready for this week's assignment? It's will be easier than the kitchen. I planned it that way so you could go back to the kitchen when you finish if you need to. This week, we're going to tackle your bathroom vanity, make-up drawer and linen closet. Get rid of anything you haven't used in more than a year. That includes makeup too. Sort through everything. Wipe out everything. If you need some sort of organizer, get it this week. You can use a silverware tray to sort make-up. If you keep your medicine in the bathroom, sort through it and get rid of any old prescriptions. Use ziplock bags to separate medicines. I label mine by: cough/cold/flu; first aid; allergy; pain relief; stomach aids. It's easy to grab a bag for whatever ails you.

There you go. Week 2 assignment for Operation Organization: Clean our your bathroom vanity, make-up and linen closet.

Let me know how it went this week. If you have pictures, send them and I'll post them here.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! About half an hour ago I opened a cupboard and a bottle of Tacky Glue fell out and hit me on the head. Obviously I have more work to do..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did get my pantry done last week. I do have my floors finished. We finally got someone to finish them they still have to put down the trim.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.