Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Sadly, Notre Dame LOST---

and BADLY! Still, we had fun with the teasing that Mitchell's friends at Charlotte Catholic High School came up with. Sandy sent this to me the day before the big game:

"You might remember the days when Notre Dame played Miami and the games were referred to as the "catholics" vs. "convicts".  I always thought this was pretty funny.  Well, Mitchell has informed me of a few names that the Notre Dame vs. Alabama game is being referred to around his school that I thought you might get a kick out of.  The "golden domes" vs. "mobile homes", and my favorite, "catholics" vs. "cousins".



Morgan is in the UK with her class. Being a MAJOR Alabama fan (her dad's family is from Alabama) she was freaking out that she would miss the game. I'm anxious to see if she was able to some how see the game. She actually threatened to back out of her trip. We said, "uh, NO---we've already paid the money!" I watched just the first half of the game and a little in to the 3rd quarter. Maybe next time. At least it wasn't a complete waste of time. I started cutting out these mason jar invitations for Morgan's junior class. They are the prom invitations. 
There are 2 on a page. I'm told there are 175 of them. I don't know if these means "times 2" or just 175. I'll just keep cutting. The good news is that after all that cutting, my hives did NOT act up. This is exactly the type of activity that would cause a major flare up. I might really be over all that now. After 13 years, it's about time. 

I had planned to finish this up last night:

Nashville Needleworks had their big sale before Christmas. I'm nearly finished with this one---I ran out of two fibers. That kills me, It would be completely finished in no time. Now I'm waiting for a fiber order to come in. Our store is not all that quick about ordering. I'll post a picture of the finished project. This one was only 13 count, so it worked up really fast. Now I just have to decide if I want it to be a picture or a pillow.

These are up next:

 I think this is another 13 count. I might start on it next. Connie and I are starting a new project in February. I'm really excited about it. It's a snow globe. It's going to have a wooden base and look like a snow globe. We challenge each other (along with Karolyn and Nancy---if they do the projects with us) and assign "homework" each week. No surprise that I'm usually ahead. I don't watch tv without stitching. That's why I usually have a second project going at the same time. And then there's my travel projects---little things that carry easy---mostly ornaments. This year, I'm working on a series of little ice skates for the "grands." Too soon to share.
I'm really excited about this one. It's huge and will probably take me two years. Once it's done, I have no idea where I'm going to put it. It's so pretty.

Jack and Connie bought a condo in Mexico Beach, FL---just outside Panama City. After a few aggravating "hiccups," it's finally ready. They have given me permission to post a link to their place here. It sleeps 10 and is brand, spankin' new, and on the beach. Be the first to sleep on brand new mattresses! Here are a few photos:







Go ahead and book your next family vacation at The Vue. There are still some choice dates available. Heck, if you pay, I'll come and provide the entertainment!! What about a "cousin's crop" at the beach?? Just say the word and I'm "on" it! I'll bet I can get us a discount---but only if I'm invited! Hey, what about our "sister's weekend?" The possibilities are endless!! PS I'm being paid for this advertisement. Not really. I wanted to share this with you all on my own! But now that I think about it, I might ask for a commission!

It's been chilly this week. I always say how our weathermen are just plain wrong most of the time in their predictions. I've noticed now that they are just making up new weather terms. They keep talking about "freezing fog." What the...how in the heck does fog freeze. Does that mean you will be driving through some sort of solid misty mass? I'll let you know if that happens. 

I'll leave you with one final family picture from Christmas. It's a panoramic that I took with my 
iPhone 5. I'm not quite sure how it will turn out on the blog.
I guess that's about it for now.

1 comment:

  1. Freezing fog means ice on the roads and the moisture in the fog freezes on contact with things like cars and trees and houses - the moisture becomes tiny ice crystals that float in the air. Nasty stuff, we get it most winters here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.