Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wassup?


Outside my window: It's freezing cold here in Nashville 24 degrees. There's a joke going around that we only have two seasons in Nashville---Winter and summer---sometimes both in the same week! That's definitely true of the past week---from 70's down to 20's. At least we're better off that St. Louis. They are waking up to 13 degrees today. Brrr! Happy to be snuggled up in front of the fire.

I am thinking: I have a whole day to myself. I need to get started cleaning out and organizing my office. But I want to play in my scrapbook room today. That wins.

I am thankful for: HEAT!

From the kitchen: I made some Zataran's gumbo the other night. It was good, but needed more rice. I added that and shrimp. So Butch will be having leftovers while I'm off to the theater tonight to see Catch Me if You Can. I don't think Leo DiCaprio is starring.

I am wearing: My robe---no workout in sight this morning. 

I am hoping: That my "free" day doesn't fly by too quickly. That's why I got up at 4:40 a.m.---to have a longer day. Could mean a little "doze off" at the theater.

I am reading: I am finishing a FABULOUS book recommended by Connie---Mudbound by Hilary Jordan. I have flown through it. I have only 20 pages left. So good. It's about a 5 hour read if  you have the time. So worth it. I have to warn you, it's hard to read in places. About farm life in Mississippe in mid 40's and racial relations.

I am busy creating: A Valentine's project for my day group. Very cute---in my head at least. I'll share it when I "getterdone!"

I am hearing: a song Righteous Brothers on Pandora. I've created a great playlist.

Around the house and garden: Butch has added a lot of crap to his "home office"---the kitchen table. He assures me that he's going to clean it up today. He did clean out his closet. I'll have to share a few pictures. Other than getting rid of a BUNCH of clothes, you won't be able to tell a difference. His closet is perfect all the time. His side of the bathroom---that's another story.

I put up my Valentine's banner Mindy made me for Christmas:
She strung all of the heart playing cards on ribbon and tied various bits of ribbon in between.It's really cute.

In other news: Our last local scrapbook store closes next week. Sad :(

One of my favorite things right now: Stitching in front of the tv while watching Downton Abbey with a cozy fire. Butch says I burn him out on shows because I like to watch an episode every night. Heck, I'd like to watch several episodes in a row! Started season 2. I just love it.

How the weekend is shaping up: I have those damn darn prom invitations hanging over my head. Morgan and her friends are coming over Saturday morning for the assembly. I've already pre-cut---200 mason jars and 400 pieces of string. I've cut the ends off of 200 envelopes, folded the top over and punched two holes in each. I'm leaving nothing to chance with teenagers. I still have to design and print 200 monograms, punch them out and punch a mat for them. I would hope that it will only take a couple of hours for assembly on Saturday, but I'm sure that's wishful thinking. I'll share a picture of the finished product.

That's about it from around here. What's going on in your world? Email me your list and I'll post it! I just love this little recap of daily life. Thanks, Missus Wookie, for the idea!!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.