Thursday, January 31, 2013

Wassup?


It's been a busy week with classes, cleaning out, organizing and trying to get out-of-town. We leave today for St. Louis and Ronnie's 60th birthday party. We're staying with Walter and Chris. Butch leaves on Monday while I stay with my sisters for a couple of days. Pam and Karolyn arrive on Wednesday. Along with Jeanne and Janet, we all head to one of our annual scrapbook retreats in Barry, Illinois. I'll be teaching my photo organization class there. 

But for now, here's what's going on:
Outside my window: Dark as it nears midnight.

I am thinking: How much I still need to do before leaving town in the morning.

I am thankful for: Ellen. I love her show. She makes me laugh. She's so kind and giving. I love that about her. I'm supposed to be getting tickets for my cousins, Judy, Chrissy and I to go in late March. I'm watching the website every day. They have left the last two weeks completely blank and now are booking tickets for April. I'm wondering now if that's when she's going to be in Australia. Anyway, I can't go in April. I'll just have to keep watching.

From the kitchen: Nothing right now. I'll be cleaning out the refrigerator in the morning before we leave.

I am wearing: My jammies.

I am hoping: To stop at my favorite scrapbook store. It's the last one anywhere between here and St. Louis.

I am reading: Out of Time. I can't say I'm lovin' it. I only get books for my Kindle that are at least 4 or 5 stars. It's just a little too "fluffy" for me.
It's about time travel, but the heroine is wasting way too much time explaining everything that's different in the last two hundred years. 

I am busy creating: Nothing at the moment, but I did get something prepared for A Year of Memories earlier. I'm all packed up for my retreat.

I am hearing: a song playing on Ellen.

Around the house and garden: We've had some terrible storms this week. The tornado sirens went off at 3:30 a.m. on Wednesday. The wind was howling and the rain was coming down in buckets. The next morning, we discovered that the wind had blown a patio umbrella in a wrought iron stand over---and broke it---of course. One of the lounge chairs and both cushions were in the pool. The wicker furniture on the front porch was blown in to the bushes. Limbs were down, but luckily, no big trees this time.

In other news: Jordan was accepted to Appalachian State University in North Carolina. We think she still is leaning towards University of Tennessee. 

One of my favorite things right now: I couldn't do without my blog reader. I follow quite a few so it saves me a lot of time by keeping me informed when a new post is up.

How the weekend is shaping up: We'll be going to dinner with Walter, Chris, Ed and Jane tomorrow night. Ronnie's party is on Saturday, then we'll be at Jeanne's on Sunday for a family poker game and Superbowl. Shaping up to be a pretty fun time.

Next up is Storytelling Sunday. I have my topic, but have not yet written it. I hope I can steal a few minutes over the weekend to get it ready.
Until then...

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear no big trees - I'd wondered when I heard about the storms along the east coast.

    Hope you get to your scrapbook store and enjoy your retreat... and use some of those eyelets. Think I'm going to challenge myself to use some more to whittle down that stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tornado sirens? Wow! and here we were feeling hard done by because all our rubbish bins blew over last night!!

    See you on Sunday then

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I've never heard of tornado sirens - that sounds serious. Glad there wasn't too much damage. Your week ahead sounds exhausting but full of interest and nice people! Hoping all your journeying is safe ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.