Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What's Going On?

I've copied this from another blogger/friend. I've been planning on doing it for several months now and never got around to it. When I read hers this morning, I decided that the time is NOW!

Outside my window: Dawn is breaking. I love this time of day---so peaceful and quiet.

I am thinking: How excited I am to get up in my scrapbook room today. Much organizing needs to be done before I can start on a project.

I am thankful for: Fireplaces and a load of wood---even if it might be bug infested.
Remember these guys? They are in the wood. I just hope they don't infest my trees.

From the kitchen: Vegetable soup thawing in the refrigerator, pot of tea brewing.

I am wearing: My workout clothes although it's starting to look doubtful I'm going to work out.

I am hoping: to finish organizing/cleaning the kitchen cabinets this afternoon.

I am reading: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. Too soon to recommend it, but I finished An Inconvenient Wife---a solid 9---maybe a 10!



I am busy creating: Nothing at the moment, but hope to (see above).

I am hearing: a song from Wicked on Pandora.

Around the house and garden: Nothing much going on in the garden except the red berries on the foster holly are magnificent. In the house---just organizing and cleaning out.

In other news: I have a birthday coming up on Friday!

One of my favorite things right now: Stitching in front of the tv while watching Downton Abbey.
How the weekend is shaping up: Happy Hour on Friday with the gang, opening presents and off to the club for dinner. Saturday---8 a.m. to Steph's to organize/clean her cabinets. Butch is helping. I got to thinking---Steph's getting ready to embark upon a pretty intense internet certification---wouldn't it be nice to go in to it with a major task out of the way? So, I offered, she accepted. Nothing I like more than making order out of chaos. I wonder what chaos we're going to encounter over there?


3 comments:

  1. That's a pretty busy sounding week - a birthday sounds like a very well deserved treat at the end of it

    ReplyDelete
  2. We like dinner out! We don't do it very often because I don't cope with strangers being close to me and in restaurants they always seem to be sitting on my lap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to see your week! I love looking back and seeing little glimpses into our lives. There's now several years worth there, all backed up on my computer, keep thinking I should do something with them.

    Hope the weekend is a good one for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.