Saturday, February 23, 2013

On the "Cropping" Block

Here are a few of the layouts I did on my scrapbook retreat two weeks ago. Not as many as I usually get done, but between all the talking, visiting around the room, drinking and my class, I didn't have as much time!
 Finishing up my ABC album---the last layout is almost finished (remember, I did two ABC albums in 2012)

 On this page about Mitchell, I had a little survey that he answered when he was about 10 or 11. It was about all his favorite things.
The journaling here was simple. "I love to call you "E." I'm not sure your parents like it, but it's just a little something between the two of us!"
 This layout about Jordan opens up on the right side to reveal her mess of a room and a little story about a bird she saw when she was little.

I just now realized that I posted Victoria's age as twelve on the far right photo. She's actually 11. I just think of 6th graders as being 12. 
I have another AYM groups going that has just started the ABC album this year. So, of course, I'm doing another one! The think I like about these types of albums is that it is a random assortment of things. It's a mystery with each turn of the page! Try it!
"My Private Secretary" is one of my favorites. When we were visiting Kalamazoo in 2011, in November, Elizabeth wanted to put in her "food" requests for Christmas. I told her that she better write it down, or I would never remember. I had to spell each thing for her---it was ALL sweets!
This is my current layout for AYM/2013 "By the Numbers." The challenge this month (for February) was to use the number 2. If you saw my "yoyo" tutorial on the AYM blog, then you can see how I used them here. 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting so many done. I like random albums too - one of the reasons I like my Library of Memory style combinations.

    Lots of details to look at here, but the samples of handwriting and artwork are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were very busy at your retreat! I love that you make double pages, they flow seamlessly, something I have never been able to do. I bought a book of sketches many moons ago that had double pages in it. I only just remembered as it has been packed for so long. I must go dig it out and give it a try again as they tell so much more of a story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you were pretty productive to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very fine collection. Because not only did you get a lot done, they are all brilliantly effective pages which tell your stories

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.