Friday, March 22, 2013

It's Happenin'!


Outside my window: This is not exactly out my window, but I had to share this little bright spot as we begin spring.
These are in Connie's yard. I love hyacinths. To me they really say "spring is busting out all over."
These early spring flowers won't last long with temperatures still like this. It's March and here we are with one of the coldest weeks all year. This usually happens in January or February. It's pretty unusual for March.

I am thinking: about all the fun things I have planned for the weekend. Butch is off fishing with his brother. I'm planning on "playing" in my scrapbook room---well, I won't really be playing, I have class kits to put together, kits to get ready for mailing, page planning for our farm crop next week, handouts to write, photos to print, Easter to plan for...and the list goes on and on. I have a lot to do. Oh, no, I forgot about the dreaded "taxes." I have that to do this weekend too. Ugh! I hate it.

I am thankful for: Margarita. If I didn't have her to do my cleaning, I wouldn't have time for much of anything. I'm far too particular about things being just so.

From the kitchen: I already did the grocery shopping for my meals at the farm next week. I'll do my cooking on Sunday. It's just nice to know that I do not have to fight the grocery store parking lot this weekend as people start their Easter shopping. Actually, I've already done most of my Easter shopping too! I'll share my Easter brunch menu next week.

I am wearing: my jammies that I put on when I got home from bridge yesterday at 3 p.m. I'll be wearing them until I have to get ready for my lunch date today. I'll be back in them when I get home. I hardly ever stay in my jammies. They are so comfortable. I don't sleep in them though. I have to change in to something else. I can't crawl in to my clean sheets with clothes I've worn around all day. Plus, I'm a gown type of a gal. My jammies are just for lounging around.

I am hoping: to get everything done on my list so that I can finish watching season 3 of Downton Abbey.  A couple of my careless friends have already let a few important (and unsettling) things slip. I'm not going to spoil it here, but let's just say, I had a tearful night last night even though I knew it was coming. I want to finish it before taking it to the farm this week. We'll watch it again while we're scrapbooking.

I am reading: We Band of Angels---it's been a week now. I should finish this weekend. It is soooooo good---about the nurses in WWII---first women in the military.

I am busy creating: This week, I planned the title page for our AYM album "By the Numbers."
Title: "numbers worth remembering." I found the old shoe tags on one of my flea market trips.

I'm bummed: that our president thought it was a good idea to go to the expense of taking a limo from the US and shipping it to the Holy Land for his comfort, yet decided to close the White House for tours to students on spring break because it "cost too much."

I am hearing: Good Morning America. Always a good way to start the day.

Around the house and garden: getting ready for Easter. I have to get a package in the mail for my kiddos in Charlotte. 

In other news: I have a shopping trip planned with Jordan tomorrow (Morgan next Friday). Both of the girls are going on spring break with friends. I thought I'd surprise them with a few new clothes. Everyone likes to get new things before vacation. Which reminds me. I really need to start planning my clothes for our Mediterranean cruise coming up on April 12. I tried to find out about the weather, but the best I can figure, it's around 60 degrees most all around there.

One of my favorite things right now: cute finds from Target for the girls. I sent these pictures to Stephanie and Mindy and told them to check these out:
 Kind of hard to tell, but they are open-toed. I've always loved shoes, but unfortunately, I have to go for comfort and practicality these days. Still, they would look great on the girls.
My girls have always loved wearing little dresses. I thought this polka dot chambray number looked just like them. 

I consider clothes from Target to be disposable. They are not the best quality, but then again, they are also pretty darn cheap. That always worked for me. I'm too fickle---I like that by the time I tire of something, I've just about worn it out anyway. That doesn't happen with good quality stuff. Then the guilt sets in and before you know it, my closet is stuffed to the brim with too many clothes.

I appreciate: the reflexology appointment I had this week. There's nothing better than having your feet rubbed for an hour. Thank you Groupon.

I remember: how much I love to dance---and did it constantly since the 5th grade. I never really had any aspirations to be a dancer---just wanted to dance all the time. I could hardly sit still during Flashdance. Simply fabulous! Those dancers are athletes---no doubt!
 My picture is blurry because Connie took it. Obviously, she moved!
Here she is getting her "dance" on.

I forget - the general that Matthew Fox played in The Emperor. Tommy Lee Jones played General MacArthur. It was really good. But I'm skeptical as to whether it was all true, or glamorized for the big screen.

I regret - Butch got rid of my bowling ball years ago. He didn't even ask me. Considering I haven't asked about it in over 20 years, I guess it's not a huge loss.

How the weekend is shaping up: Besides all the "chores" and shopping, I'm going to lunch and to see the new movie with Halle Berry as a 911 operator. Looking forward to some one-on-one time with Mindacious. We're also going to look for a chair and coffee table for her living room.

I guess that's pretty much "it" for this week. Hope your weekend is shaping up! To all of my friends off on spring break---have fun and be safe!


4 comments:

  1. Online dating huh? You get the most interesting spam :lol:

    Have Hyacinths in my house - smelling the sweet wafts as I walk through the downstairs, lovely. The ones outside aren't out yet but are starting.

    Sounds like a fun weekend - enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Flashdance..those were the days! I loved fame too, way back when..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly sounds like you have a lot going on! I've already done my taxes (& gotten the refund in the bank), so my craft time tomorrow will be all playing for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got exhausted just reading about your week! Spring is a lovely time of year. We are finally cooling off and heading into fall.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.