Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Weekend

It was a great weekend---I got everything on my list accomplished (except for one thing), plus a few things for Easter out of the way too. Since I leave on Monday for our annual spring farm crop and don't come home until Friday, I really have to be on top of things. I'm happy to report, I'm ahead of the game. 

I got AYM kits in the mail on Friday and ran a few errands. Saturday, I took Jordan to the mall so she could get a few things for spring break. She got straight A's on her report card, so I was happy to treat her.

I caught myself up on Season 3 of Downton Abbey---and sobbed. In fact, I cried all over again when I watched an episode with Butch tonight. I'm not happy about what has happened. I'm not going to say because I don't want to ruin anything for those that may not have seen it. I'm just sayin'---I hate what has happened. It just won't be the same.
Bunny Booty. I got the Easter baskets put together too. I haven't done baskets in years, but decided to surprise the kids. Now I have to decide whether we'll hide them inside or out. Considering it's still chilly here---unusual for this time of year, I just might have to opt for inside. Plus, that takes away any bad weather issues.
This was an idea I saw in Pinterest and finally got around to implementing it. This is a great way to store your washi tape---just undo a coat hanger, thread them on and hang anywhere. I plan to just use them straight from the hanger. Otherwise, it would be too much trouble to take them off every time to get to what I want. I have about another 10 rolls that did not fit.
 Mindy was buying herself a chair, side table and coffee table. She invited me to meet her at the store to give her my opinion. I love what she picked out and it works perfectly in her living room. Don't let her 10th floor view fool you, we don't have any snow---it just looks pretty white out there.
The chair is mostly red and gold with a little green. Her needlepoint pillow (she made it) of the St. Charles street car in New Orleans goes perfect. The table is a mosaic with all the colors of her chair. She borrowed my car to get everything home. She said it took her 4 trips up and down to the garage to get it all. I guess I could have offered to help, but since I left the house at 9 a.m. and didn't get home until 5 p.m. I was tired. After the furniture store, we went to lunch and then a movie. We saw The Call with Halle Berry. It was really good, but pretty intense and hard to watch in places.
 Today was grey and drizzly all day long. Once I finished at the grocery store, I stayed "in" the rest of the day. I got a head start on my Easter brunch shopping. I only have about 3 things to pick up on Friday---no way am I going on Saturday!
I went to 7:30 Mass at St. Henry's today. I haven't been there in years---not since they remodeled. I was really taken with this mosaic of Mother Teresa. This picture does not do it justice.
Jeanne sent me this picture of the snow storm in St. Louis. The schools are already closed tomorrow. I'd give anything to have a snow like this. We just don't. Maybe next year.

I did some cooking today for my meals at the farm. I just have a breakfast and a lunch. I made pimento cheese, tortellini salad, brownies and assembled all the ingredients for "Gorilla Bread"---another new recipe from Pinterest that I'm trying for the first time. You can't go wrong with brown sugar, cinnamon, cream cheese, butter, pecans and biscuits. I'll be sure to share the recipe if it turns out as good as I think it's going to.

I procrastinated on those taxes. I did sort everything and started filling out the organizer. I'll finish it up in the morning. I'm not leaving until 1 p.m. I'm going to make a run to Archivers in the morning---my treat to myself if I get those taxes done. And, I want to get my nails done. Plus I want to make run through Starbucks.

Right now, I should go to bed. Instead, I'm watching Lisa Bearnson on HSN selling Project Life. The price is fabulous, but I don't need it. I'm going to resist. Actually, I better just go to bed. I know myself. I'll be talked in to it pretty soon.

I'll be MIA all week as there is no internet access at the farm. I will have my phone and can receive emails, but trying to do a blog post from my phone is more than I can handle.

I'll catch you up when I get home. Have a great week.

Nighty night!


3 comments:

  1. Have a great week! I love the coat hanger idea for washi tape, but {hanging head in embarrassment} I would need more than one ... Or even two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great week. How funny - I was throwing away wire coat hangers from next door earlier last week and brought through three to the house to create a hanger for my washi tape. Different to the one you've shown I'll take photos once I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great week too!

    i love the look of your bunny booty..yesterday I managed to find some good stuff to fill our Easter pinata up with. So our big kids will have some too

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.