Friday, March 15, 2013

Wassup??


Outside my window: Nighttime. Still warm.

I am thinking: About what I want to watch this evening.

I am thankful for: Free days. I got a lot accomplished today---and some reading too!

From the kitchen: Mindy and I went to the mall, so we had dinner at 5th and Pine---no cooking today.

I am wearing: jammies. Just got home at 8:45 from the mall. I found 2 pairs of comfortable shoes from The Walking Store for our upcoming trip in April. I'm going to start wearing them now to break them in. 

I am hoping: to sleep in a little---that means 6:30 for me.

I am reading: We Band of Angels. It's a true story about 77 nurses on the Pacific front during WWII. It is EXCELLENT! So good. In fact, I'm going to see the movie The Emperor on Tuesday to learn more about the Pacific side of the war.

I am busy creating: Today, I got caught up on The History Project. I got my scrapbook room in order and put some materials together for my next AYM kits. I worked on the class handout and will finish the kits on Sunday. I edited and printed some pictures too.

I'm bummed: that the day went by so fast. I don't always get to have a full day at home. I love them.

I am hearing: just the tv.

Around the house and garden: not a darn thing.

In other news: I spent an hour and 45 minutes catching up with Sandy yesterday. Mitchell had some good news. He made the track team at Charlotte Catholic. At the very first meet, he came in first in his event---the high jump. You know that one where you throw yourself over the bar backwards. He also does the triple jump, but 3 hours after his first event, he did his warm up jump. Sandy noticed that just as he was ready to make his jump, he stopped and put on his clothes. Turns out that they called the meet since it was getting dark. Track meets are very long! The coach told Mitchell that he showed great athleticism and leadership ability---so, he was made the team captain! 
I'm not surprised! He's such a likable kid! He's a great athlete, but this is first time with track. So far, he really likes it. He loves all sports.

One of my favorite things right now: planning my food for book club on Monday night, my meals for our annual farm crop the week before Easter and planning our Easter menu. I've pulled out all the recipes and put together the grocery list. 

I appreciate - the good life that I have. I try to remember to appreciate the little things every day.

I remember - all kinds of things from my childhood as I do the history project. I'm all about the story.

I forget - how much I love the spring---before the mosquitoes start up.

I regret - I still haven't gotten back to my workout routine. I really have to get back to it.

How the weekend is shaping up: ---it's busy. Hair appointment in the a.m. On to Michaels for some Easter things. A meeting in the afternoon. Grocery shopping and some cooking to do for my new "freezer club." There are 4 of us. We each prepare a double recipe and divide it by 4. Freeze the meals. We'll meet on Monday before book club to make the exchange. That way we all get a variety of meals without cooking. 

We'll go to 4:30 Mass and meet the Potters for dinner at El Palenque. I'm hoping to scrapbook on Sunday. Another day of no cooking as Butch is leaving for Birmingham.

That just about covers it! But one last thing:

For your entertainment:
What happens AFTER happily ever after... this guy is really good. Enjoy! Thanks, Mindy!



3 comments:

  1. That looks like a full schedule! Many congratulations to Mitchell - you must all be very proud of him. And that freezer club sounds like a great idea :). Hoping you got your 'lie-in'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure it's Sixth and Pine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like days at home without work or other plans too (working from home means I have to clarify....) Dinner out, catching up with family and good news about Mitchell - sounds like a good week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.