Thursday, March 7, 2013

What's Happenin'

Outside my window: A little grey, still very cold. We might get snow. I can only hope!


I am thinking: How I need to figure out how to motivate myself to get back to working out. Traveling lately has interrupted the habit. It's so hard to get back to it when I'd rather do other things.

I am thankful for: Other people's leftovers! I was at Karolyn's last night cooking for our Cajun dinner Saturday night. She sent me home with Santa Fe stew, chicken salad, potato salad and pasta salad. A godsend.

From the kitchen: Mindy has requested a family dinner for Sunday with a family favorite meal---polish sausage, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and peas.

I am wearing: I always seem to be in my robe as I write my blog entries in the early morning.

I am hoping: to get a hair appointment on Saturday, but I haven't heard from my friend/hairdresser. That's not like her. I hope everything is okay.

I am reading: Sarah's Game. So far, so good. I'm only 50 pages in to it. 

I am busy creating: I'm not really doing anything right now except for The History Project. I'm just getting ready for AYM today and Steph's craft project for friends on Saturday.

I'm bummed: that I received this 2 1/2 years after mom died:
It's hardly worth going after---$14.63 divided by 7 isn't much. In fact, my siblings have told me to keep their share. The problem is that the estate has been officially closed for 2 years now. 
I'd let it go, but Jennifer pointed out that  mom would be really mad to know that Discover had any of her money. Soooo, I called mom's bank where we had the estate account. Of course, the manager that was there then is no longer with that bank. The new branch manager never bothered to call me back. Sorry, mom, but it's just not worth the hassle to me.
 I am hearing: the local news on tv.

Around the house and garden: I really am hoping to get my dining room cleaned out this week. We'll see.

In other news: Stephanie and Merrill have finally started their own business. 

Apparently, it has been a dream of theirs since high school. More on the business later.
Thus, M&S Partners is born!

One of my favorite things right now: Stitching on my new project. Karolyn and I took a 2 day workshop last week. It was a lot of fun---and due to a miscommunication---very expensive. Had we known, we probably wouldn't have done it. But the fact remains, we NEVER sit down for 5 hours straight to stitch. Plus, it's so much fun to learn new stitches.
 We each chose our own color scheme. Here's mine. Actually, there's a little more orange than I wanted, but that's okay. I didn't want to bother manipulating the fibers to remove the orange.
Karolyn picked a purple and green color scheme. This looks like it has a lot of blue, but really, it's more purple. 

I appreciate - my cleaning lady, Margarita. It's so nice to come home to a clean house and fresh sheets.

I remember - so many things as I continue with The History Project. I haven't written the story yet, but the prompt for this week was birthday. I've got a good story---just need to get it written.

I forget -what I went in to a room for. Happens all the time. I usually don't remember until I go back to where I was. Then I'll remember. It usually doesn't happen twice in a row.

I regret - That I've now wasted time I should have used working out.

How the weekend is shaping up: We have poker here on Friday night. Since we can't have meat on Friday during Lent, I've decided to pick up Papa Murphy's pizza. I'll make a good salad and dessert. Don't know what yet, but I better figure it out. I have to get to the grocery store.

Saturday will be a hair appointment (I hope), Steph's house for her craft party and then Saturday night is the Cajun dinner that we auctioned off at our Church fund raiser. We partner with Bruce (Stephen) and Karolyn Broussard (the Cajuns) to prepare and serve the dinner. This year, it went for $800. We hadn't done it in a number of years, but I have a feeling it's "back on!" I'll share the menu along with pictures on Sunday (or Monday).

That's about it for now....


3 comments:

  1. It's always very invigorating dropping by here and reading all that has been going on. An enjoyable work out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy time you have! We're planning some project around the house for this weekend & then a day visiting my parents. Hope your weekend is filled with love & laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always sound like you are having so much fun, even when you write a list like this :-) I'm with Mindy though ... that is a YUMMY family dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.