Thursday, April 4, 2013

Golf Weekend and a Recipe

We leave this morning to go back to the farm for our semi-annual golf weekend. Remember, our golf weekend that we were no longer going to invite the guys to? Well, they're coming. It really wouldn't be a golf weekend without them. Luckily, this weekend, the weather is going to be much nicer than it was last week. I left all of my scrapbook stuff out there. All I have to do is take out a few page kits---I'm taking 10. I don't really expect to get them all done, but I'd rather have too many than not enough.
See those rockers? The one on the right has my name on it! That's where you'll find me in the morning with my tea and magazines or book---along with a little music on my phone. It's just so relaxing. Things are just starting to bloom. I'm hoping to get enjoy some of the blooming trees this weekend.
Beau Soleil Farm, Est. 2007. It's a beautiful place---blue birds and humming birds all around (well, the hummingbirds aren't quite back yet, but the blue birds are). So quiet. We've seen some unusual wildlife too. There's a wood chuck that we see regularly as it lives under one of the barns. We also saw something last year that we could not identify. Karolyn got a picture, but it's pretty unclear. We hope to see it again.

The main purpose of this post is to share a new recipe that I made last week. It's called Gorilla Bread. I found it on Pinterest---is there anywhere else these days? Anyway, it's very similar to Monkey Bread except it has cream cheese added.

Gorilla Bread
1/2 cup sugar
3 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
2-12 oz. cans biscuits (10 count each)
1 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. Mix the sugar and cinnamon Melt butter and brown sugar, stirring well. Cut cream cheese into 20 cubes. Press the biscuits out with your fingers and sprinkle each with 1/2 tsp. cinnamon/sugar. Place cube of cream cheese in the center of each biscuit, wrapping and sealing the dough around the cream cheese. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the nuts n the bottom of the bundt pan. Place half of the biscuits in the pan.sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar, pour half of the melted butter mixture over the biscuits and sprinkle on 1/2 cup nuts. Layer the remaining biscuits on top, sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar, pour the remaining butter mixture over the biscuits and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of nuts. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes. Place plate on top and invert.

Enjoy! 

I'll be back sometime on Sunday with a story. It's "storytelling sunday". I'll share the link to Sian's blog then too!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, wonderful! I'm delighted you'll be here for Sunday! I'm back just as you are leaving, so I'll wish you a happy time and say that I have really enjoyed a catch up round here today. That ring is an absolute stunner! and the rest of your Easter celebrations don't look half bad either - beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful weekend - it does look like a very relaxing place to visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.