Saturday, April 27, 2013

What's Happenin'?


Outside my window: Spring has definitely sprung. When we arrived home on Wednesday, I noticed that my lilacs are in bloom. I need to get some pictures, but it's raining today. I took these photos before our trip:
This ornamental cherry tree is a welcome greeting when you pull in to the driveway. I always say I'm going to cut some branches and bring it inside, but I never do. Either I forget, or I'm heading out-of-town again.
 This is one of my favorite views from the kitchen window. The creeping phlox surrounds the pool---draping gently over the wall.
You can see all of my "baby" ostrich ferns greeting you to the shade garden on the front of the house. They are ready to dig if anyone needs some.

I am thinking: What a busy day I have. I always seem to say that. But really, it's all fun. I'm meeting Stephanie, Merrill and Karolyn for a little business. Then I'm off to lunch with Mindy to Bricktops before meeting "Mike" from American Pickers at the bookstore. Mass after that, then a relaxing evening in front of the tv with my stitching. Connie's way ahead of me, I better get moving!

I am thankful for: The fact that I had just a few hives on my trip---but required no prednisone. That means there's no excuse to NOT get this weight off!

From the kitchen: I'm not cooking today since we went out to dinner last night to celebrate Stephanie and Nicky's engagement and Mindy's promotion. We went to Park Cafe---excellent---except for the duck confit with gnocchi's and foie gras. Stephanie, Nicky and Mindy have friends who work there. They sent out at least $100 worth of appetizers---fried oysters, goat cheese, tapinade, calimari---and then that duck confit all around. Too much. We were full from all of that, but you can hardly NOT order dinner after you got so much "free" stuff. 

For tonight, I have leftover spaghetti in the fridge.

I am wearing: Still in my robe. It's early. 

I am hoping: to finish my class kits today.

I am reading: The Beggar King---a free book on my Kindle and so far, it's really good. Takes place in the 1260's. I actually read two books on my trip too. At the moment I can't really remember them.

I am busy creating: Since I got home, I haven't had any time to create. I'm working on class kits. I'm behind on Project Life and The History Project---although I did some of the HP on my trip. I think I'm about 3 weeks behind.

I'm bummed: 
These phlox should be draping over this wall too, but my lawn "guys" got a little too carried away with their weed eater and cut it off last year! It hasn't had a chance to grow back yet. Bummed!



I am hearing: Christina Perri---love her. She did the song for the last Twilight movie.

Around the house and garden: I think I've adequately covered the garden. As for the house--always a lot to do. But right now, I have to concentrate on birthdays, First Communion, and graduation.

In other news: Jordan got a new job! She's going to be working in the produce department at Kroger's. That's pretty funny. She doesn't know anything about produce. I can't wait to see her in her hair net---advising people about fruits and vegetables. She's in training this week, so I'm sure she'll have a thing or two to teach me. The best part is if she wants to work while she's in college, she can work at a Kroger's in Knoxville. Plus, they'll save her job here for when she's home at Christmas break and summer.

One of my favorite things right now: Our Direct TV---tape 5 shows at a time and watch them from any tv. The downside---I have more taped than I can possibly watch.

I appreciate: Teenagers that like to spend time with us.

I remember: How to "add a row" in Excel. That's HUGE. I don't do spreadsheets often enough, so when I do, I have to learn it all over again.

I forgot: how many pages I have to put in to scrapbooks.

I regret - that I didn't buy that rug in Turkey. Yes, it's still haunting me.

How the weekend is shaping up: Butch leaves for Birmingham tomorrow, so another day I don't have to cook! I just might get to "create" something. I have a bunch of pictures to take of layouts I've made in the last month (from out farm crop). I'll post those in a couple of days.

I hope your weekend is shaping up just the way you want it to.


2 comments:

  1. Teenagers who enjoy spending time with you - that's a big one! Definitely something to be grateful for

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remind myself that having teenagers who want to hang out with me is a blessing :) Glad that you have them too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.