Thursday, June 13, 2013

More Layouts

Here are the rest of my layouts from last week---and my Project Life update:
 Karolyn shared this technique. Punch or cut 1 1/2" squares; Cut on the diagonal; Draw a line; Adhere the triangles at the top only and line up along the line; Using the sewing machine, stitch a tight zig zag stitch. If the stitch is too tight, it will actually perforate the cardstock. That happened to me. I just taped it along the back. I'll turn this in to either a title or end page.
I used that new technique on this page titled "mystery trip." It was a lot of fun to do.

 This layout is for my ABC album. "addicted to Magazines" & "that's Nasty." There's not really anything unusual here in the way of techniques.
 This layout has been a long time in the making. I first started on it in February. I spilled a glass of wine on it at the Kinderhook scrapbook retreat. After I dried it out, it was all wavy, so I had to "smush" it between books. The next time I worked on it was at the farm in the spring. I decided I needed another photo. I finally finished it this past week. The lesson here: Don't drink and scrapbook! Naaah! I'll just deal with the mistakes!
 Another layout for my ABC album: "organized" & "proof." I used a Fiskars border punch along the bottom. I cut a few more to use as embellishments around the page. Really pretty simple.
 On "Young Love," it's really hard to tell, but this layout is a result of more mistakes. I started by trying to mask and mist the background. But, since the masks were not 12x12, there were lines that I didn't like. I just started over, covering the "messy" spots with patterned paper. I stitched over the seams---it's hard to tell. I also stitched down the heart border and through the middle of the title. It's done now, but I wish I had just stitched the pocket too. I didn't think of it until right now.
 Here's my PL layout for May. I managed to get quite a few photos and plenty of journaling on the pages.

That's "it" for scrapbooking for awhile. With out-of-towners, our family vacation and planning classes, I have no idea when I'll be able to actually create. I do have the Wildwood scrapbook retreat with Jeanne and Janet to look forward to in August.


4 comments:

  1. FAB pages. I really like the zigzag border technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely layouts, you have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are all wonderful.Love the zigzags...will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the look of the zig zag technique - your Project May looks fun too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.