Sunday, August 25, 2013

I'm Home!

After over a week away, it feels so good to be home! The first thing I did was unpack, open the mail, shower, then nap! Considering I didn't get home until 3, that was the whole day!!

I had a great time in St. Louis and then at the scrapbook retreat. Wildwood Springs Resort is an old place where the wealthy people from St. Louis came in the summer. It's charming (although it could use a really good cleaning and some paint). I love the old furniture that I'm sure is still from the beginning.

 The old fashioned sink is in the bedroom. There's a shared toilet and shower between two rooms. 
 You can see I tried to stay out of the photo. I really like the dresser. The wood is so dark, it's a bit hard to see.
This strange bug walked across the top of my computer. It's a shiny green something or other. It sort of freaked me out. It's about an inch and a half long. Kind of BIG!!
Here is the "Tools and Techniques" class that I taught at the retreat. We played with mists, masks, punches, fibers, and stitching to create a great title or end page for any album. I'll share a few of the layouts I did at the retreat another time.
 As we were packing up to leave, there was this glorious sun. The rays were so beautiful---we just don't see that too often.

On to a busy week. But first, I challenged my "A Year of Memories" club to decorate a paper doll to go with the August assignment---"8 Things My Mother Taught Me." If you'd like to see them and join in on the vote, please visit:

http://barbaraeadsaym.blogspot.com

Next up---more first day of school pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sun slants and nice title page. I do like the misting with paper piecing over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the hexies layout & that sunshine is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.