Sunday, December 8, 2013

A Very Productive Weekend

I had the BEST weekend! I spent pretty much all day on Saturday planning out the year for A Year of Memories (AYM). I put class kits together and wrote the January handout. I'm ready---and excited!! It's going to be another fun year. We have two "newbies" joining us this year. More on all that later.

Back to my productive weekend. On Saturday night, I watched 4 1/2 hours on Nelson Mandela while stitching and wrapping a few gifts. Part of that time was the movie Invictus---starring Matt Damon and Morgan Freeman as Mandela. It was sooooo good. Of course, Matt Damon---need I say more? Okay, I will---Morgan Freeman!!!

Speaking of movies, my friends and I saw The Book Thief last Wednesday. I read the book a couple of years ago. The book was good and so was the movie.

Today, I finished my book---Mr. Churchill's Secretary. That was really good too, with lots of plot twists. I'm getting ready to start The World's Strongest Librarian. I'll let you know how it goes.

I got a double batch of cookies made and put in the freezer and made shrimp scampi for dinner. The laundry is caught up and I've made my grocery list and schedule for the week. Tomorrow I'm going to clean out the Christmas closet. I'm not exactly looking forward to it, but getting a chore done is what allows me to reward myself with fun with my friends. We're going to a concert tomorrow night. Tuesday, I got us tickets for the governor's mansion.

I love going in to a week after a productive weekend. I have a lot going on this week---50% work and 50% fun. Perfect amount!

So what do you consider to be your work to fun ratio?

7 comments:

  1. Well I spent all day yesterday wrapping my Mum's Christmas presents for her - I think that counts as fun and work in equal measure as I like wrapping, but I don't like - at my age - being told how to do it!

    I'm obviously going to have to put World's Strongest Librarian on my reading list

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you have me curious... what is A Year of Memories? Is it a class?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is another, curious about the Year of a Memories! Glad you have enjoyed your very productive time and hope your week flows along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AYM is a year long workshop. This is my 5th year. I started it after a workshop I named "Making the Most of My Memories," That was all about organizing your pictures. To prove that my system worked, I started "A Year of Memories." I have 3 different groups. Each month I give them a kit of supplies and a topic. They do with it what they will. It's so much fun to see how each person interprets the topic and uses the supplies.

      Probably more than you wanted to know!
      Barbara

      Delete
  4. It does sound like you've been very productive and have a great ratio of work to fun. I'm not sure what my ratio is because I don't have a lot that I consider "work" - there's housework, of course, and errands, but much of what I do is because I want to! :>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have really been productive Barb, you even make the cookie dough. I so need to do that. May you continue to have a blessed holiday season.
    xxx
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really loved Invictus. Morgan Freeman/Matt Damon....gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.