Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Happiest of Mail

Considering I don't do cards anymore, I always feels so lucky when people keep me on their Christmas list. Well, this year, I received a few very unexpected cards.
This is an unusual sight in my mailbox, but so welcome!! Of course when I saw the stamp, I knew right away it was from the UK! My stamp collecting from all the way back to the fifth grade came in handy identifying the stamp. If there was any doubt, you can look closely at the "air mail" label and see that it's "Royal Mail." Gotta' love that! Inside was this awesome handmade card:
This one is from High in the Sky. That would be my friend, Sian. I had seen this gorgeous card on her blog, but had no idea that it was coming my way! Thanks, Sian!
 Imagine my delight when I saw not one, but TWO envelopes of "Royal Mail."
This stamp is really large and beautiful. That poses a dilemma---use it in my scrapbook or put it in my stamp album?  I do think the scrapbook will win out. Inside was this surprise:
A homemade ornament from my friend, Miriam. She hosted an ornament swap earlier in the season. It was so much fun to see ornaments sent around the world. I never realized I'd be getting one from her! Thanks, Miriam!

This one came from right here in the good old U S of A!
One of my newer friends from St. Louis, Carla----made this card for me. If you can't tell, there's stamping, coloring and die cutting. Thanks, Carla!!

There's nothing more fun than receiving actual mail. I have gotten many other great cards from family and friends---too many to post. Thanks to all of you for that! I feel truly blessed.

5 comments:

  1. It's a pleasure to send a card that's well received :) Happy Christmas to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing nicer than getting handmade goodies in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thrilled the parcel arrived and that you were surprised and pleased...It made me happy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've gotten lots of real mail lately, too, and it's so fun to receive cards from blog friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely set of goodies to receive. I like sending and receiving cards - I think real happy mail always is such a lift to the spirits amongst the bills.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.