Thursday, January 2, 2014

Five Things Thursday

What I'm lovin' right now:
1. Pandora---I listen to it every morning on my computer---and I use it the way it's meant to be used---thumbs upping every single song I like. Now I have an awesome playlist that plays exactly what I want to hear. It helps that our Direct TV is also linked to my Pandora. I don't understand it, can't wrap my mind around it---but love it just the same.

2. Our new toaster oven---and I'm not the only one:
Sort of like having a new baby in the house where you just sit around and stare at it. Who ever would have thought that a kitchen appliance that I never wanted or needed would make me so happy!

3. This can only mean one thing---shopping for kit contents for A Year of Memories. I'm really excited to get this year started as we "Go Back to School!" More on that later.

4. Reconnecting with an old friend. 
Nancy and I have been friends since moving to Nashville in 1985---in fact, Nancy is the very first person I met. Paige was just two at the time. We see each other through the year, but she just recently retired so now we've been able to spend more time together. I LOVE getting to know all of these "kids" as adults. So much fun and so much shared history. History---there's an AYM hint!

5. The tree is gone, but I'm still lovin' this spot---with the poinsettia as a final reminder of another fun Christmas.
 As 2014 unfolds, here's to all of us and what we love---be it little or big!!!

4 comments:

  1. Our tree is gone too, and suddenly the family room looks so much bigger and open!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to this - one of the things I love about Christmas is connecting with old friends and that shared history.

    A Very Happy New Year to you and the family. I hope it's everything you could wish for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meeting up with old friends is always a good thing. Our decorations will come down on Sunday and I'm almost looking forward to that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look like the toaster oven is a big hit all around!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.