Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year and Wassup?

Outside my window: Cold. Should be---it's January 1st, 2014.

I am thinking: What a fun time we had at "Josephine's" last night with Stephanie, Mindy and Nicky. The girls invited us go to dinner with them. It's a trendy new place in Nashville. We said "yes" with the stipulation that we would go early. Turns out we had to take 5:30---maybe a little early for New Year's Eve, but that worked. Delicious and unusual food. I had the oxtail appetizer on horseradish cream---incredible. It was a bit of a shock that it was a cold dish, but still fabulous. Pricier than we're used to, but for New Year's Eve, that's to be expected. After all, Steph and Butch were remarking that the Applebee's on Times Square was $350 per person last night! Whhaaatttt??? I like Applebees, but you can eat there for 10 bucks!

I am thankful for: All the good things in my life as we start 2014---my personal year of good health!

From the kitchen: I'm trying a new recipe in the crockpot today. If it turns out to be a hit, I'll share it. I've found that even if a recipe on Pinterest starts with: "the best___ever" it's not always true. This recipe is a "light" version of Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo. We'll see....

I am wearing: Comfy lounge around the house clothes.

I am hoping: For a relaxing day---reading, stitching, a little scrapbooking.

I am reading: The Secret Daughter of the Tsar by Jennifer Laam---4.5 stars on Amazon---for my book club. I've just barely started it, but one thing bothering me is I would prefer Czar. I know both are correct, so I'm not sure why this bothers me. Final book count for 2013---37 read. 

I am busy creating: Finishing up my first layout for AYM/2014. Also finishing the needlepoint that Jordan requested. It's a Christmas piece, so she'll get it next holiday season.

 I'm bummed: That I wasted all of this photo paper:
 I "accidentally" printed on the wrong side. Which caused this:
Rendering the right side unusable! What an expensive waste. Photo paper ain't cheap!

I am hearing: Pandora, of course.

Around the house and garden: All of my household chores are DONE. A great way to start the new year! Oh wait, I need to add my scrapbook room to my list. That's going to be a HUGE job.

In other news: We leave tomorrow for the beach. We're going to scrub our condo from top to bottom, buy all new linens and towels and make sure everything is perfect for the coming year. This will actually be my first time down there since seeing it for 10 minutes prior to buying it!! We're starting to personalize it and make it our own. We said we weren't going to do that---it's an investment---we're not going to worry about "stuff" being broken or stolen. But there's something exciting about using it as a place to "house" fun stuff from our travels. I've had 5 large canvas prints made from photos of our trip to Italy this past fall. It's doubtful that they will be here before we leave.

One of my favorite things right now: While making a bank deposit yesterday, I saw this:
As I went through the "drive-thru", I noticed what looked like a puzzle on a table in the middle of the tellers work area. I quipped, "Whattcha' doin' back there, puttin' a puzzle together?" The teller said they were trying to.
What??? Looks like work is starting to be like school these days---games to make it fun!! Either the banking business is slow, or they are learning how to hone their "figurin' out skills." I guess you would need that when dealing with numbers.

I appreciate: Having so much free time. I'm so lucky to get to spend my life doing things I enjoy.

I regret: Hey, it's a NEW YEAR---I don't have any regrets yet!!

Welcome 2014---let the good time roll!





2 comments:

  1. 5:30 was about our NYE dinner plans :) Like the idea of a new year means no regrets :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I wastes some photo paper the other day because the print heads were dirty or something on my printer - I didn't know it and printed some photos, then had to use up some ink getting the heads cleaned, then had to re-print the photos! Oh well, it's all done & printing perfectly now.

    We just put a 2000 pieces puzzle out on the table yesterday - fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.