Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Thinking Outside the Box

With all of my scrapbooking classes, I try to get people to think outside the box. Here's a couple of perfect examples:

My friend, Sian From High in the Sky ALWAYS thinks outside the box.
Or how about http://this one. It might not be a layout yet, but would be so perfect---telling a little about her house, new plans, a store she shops at, and things she enjoys. All combined makes for such an interesting page.

I just love layouts that incorporate many things at the same time---perhaps different time periods, memorabilia, current culture---just about anything---with a good title to tie it all together.

With just that in mind, I did these layouts at the farm a couple weeks ago:
The title: "It Goes Bad Really Quick." When Jordan and Morgan were really little, they would be playing together very nicely one minute and be having a "hair-pulling, knock down, drag out, the next.  I'm so happy that I happened to capture one of those times. I had 2 photos---the first one of them playing nicely in their grandpa's boat. The second shows them going at it with clenched teeth.
The idea for this page came from that crumpled "Bad/Good" list that Morgan found a few weeks ago. It reminded me of the challenge it was having them move home with us. Mindy thought it was a good idea too---for about a week! She was no longer an "only" child with all the attention. Plus, the girls were constantly in her stuff. I took that list, and reduced it to better fit the page.
On the left side page, I added a current photo of them. I found the sideways note which says:
"Hey my name is Morgan and I hate Jordan so much because she thinks she rules. She's ugly!" I found notes like this from both girls around the house all the time and have already used them on other layouts. This was the last one I had left and felt like this was a good time to use it.

I'm happy to report that they get along much better these days! Could be because Jordan is away at college most of the time---although she comes home on weekends pretty often.

Do you try to think "outside the box?" If so, send me a photo and I'll share it here!







5 comments:

  1. A really interesting post, and I like to include bits of real life too. Your young ladies are very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to smile at this, great layouts

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sibling fights certainly reminded me of my kids childhoods!! Love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff! Just the kind of layout I love too :) and thank you for the push - a page about the Guiness crisps is on my desk as we speak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes, sibling fights - I like that you've used the note and list too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.