Thursday, February 27, 2014

I'm Having a Pajama Party!!

Or slumber party, all-nighter or sleepover---whatever you call it, I'm having one.

Butch is going to be on a fishing trip with his brother at the end of the month. So, I'm having friends over. We're going to run around the house, dump out ALL the puzzles and mix up the pieces,  and make "soup" in the bathroom sink with soap, lotion, toothpaste and shampoo. We'll eat anything we want and leave the mess behind. Oh wait, we aren't five anymore.

Okay, we'll paint our nails, play with our hair, play music really loud, dance all around the house, make "cootie chasers" and make cookies---leaving the mess all over the kitchen. Oh wait, we aren't twelve anymore.

Okay, then, we'll have a seance and play with the Ouija board. We'll sneak outside for a smoke and to meet up with some boys. Then we'll have pizza and play Truth or Dare. Oh wait, we're not sixteen anymore.

So what in the heck do 60-somethings do at a pajama party? I'll just make it up. We'll start with cocktail hour, we'll have appetizers for dinner, we'll do a crafty project and then watch a movie. And there will be talking. Most likely about children and grandchildren doing the above mentioned activities. Some things never change.

Sounds like a plan.

What do you do at your pajama parties? What, you haven't had one in years? Well, it's about time,  don't ya' think? I'll be taking pictures.


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun Barbara! I guess the closest I will get is the upcoming trip to Nashville - my sister and I will certainly be in pajamas at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this made me smile....sounds like you'll have a blast x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I host a crop at the (not-so) local scrapbook store/retreat, it's definitely a PJ party atmosphere - we scrap and laugh and eat. Lots of scrapping, lots of laughter, lots of eating . . . and some shopping and a few breaks for exercise walks! :>) Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! The kind of pyjama party I've been involved in lately revolves around a lot of medication and round the clock snoozing. Any or all of the above suggestions sound infinitely preferable.I'd come to them all. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.