Sunday, March 30, 2014

My Weekend Alone

Butch left to go fishing with his brother on Thursday. I had no responsibilities except to feed Butch's fish. That doesn't happen very often---where I get a weekend to myself. I planned to take full advantage of it.

 I had my friends over on Friday night. We watched Dallas Buyer's Club. I'd heard nothing but how good it was. Personally, I thought it was pretty depressing. I agree that Matthew M. was excellent---even though I don't particularly care for him. It was a good movie, but not the type I would consider great. I'm in the minority on that.

I scrapbooked on Saturday and organized some photos. I read quite a bit in the afternoon. I'm reading The Hiding Place---which is excellent---true story about a family that hid Jews during WWII. I hope to finish it today.

I didn't make my bed and I stayed in my pajamas all day, yesterday---except for when it was actually time to go to bed. I put on some clean jammies to sleep in. I just couldn't get in to bed with the ones I wore all day. Wearing them all day made them more like regular clothes.

I watched/listened to a couple of episodes of Upstairs/Downstairs while I was scrapbooking. In the evening, I watched The Mystery of Edwin Drood. I like anything Dickens. While watching the movie, I messed around updating my Gypsy and did some stitching.

Today, I plan to do a little more scrapbooking, pay the bills and print a few photos. Butch should be home mid-afternoon. I've thawed spaghetti sauce, so dinner is covered.

Oh, and don't forget, Season 3 of Call the Midwife starts tonight at 7p.m. It's another show that I love. Even if you've never seen it before, you can start watching it. Each episode is an individual story. You can get to know the characters going forward. It's based on the journals of a nurse/midwife during the 1940's in London (actually, I think we're in the 1950's now). It's on PBS.

Here are a couple of recent layouts---although they are not the ones I did yesterday.
 One of my Project Life layouts. I'm going to do my March layout tomorrow.


All in all, it was a fun weekend---actually, an ideal weekend. If you could do anything you wanted for a whole weekend, what would that be?

5 comments:

  1. Sounds glorious Barbara! I never have a full weekend to myself. Occasionally I get a full day if Jay goes to DC to visit Sarah without me. The next time that will probably happen is May 3rd (National Scrapbooking Day) because I already told him I plan to spend the day checking in on the BPC site and playing. So he'll go just to be out of my hair! My day would be much like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to have a weekend all to yourself......and mine would probably be similar as well. I also love 'Call the Midwife'....we've just finished watching Series 3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd probably spend it pretty much the way you did - after all, I was watching Edwin Drood last night!! Found it on an obscure channel here.

    TSO was at Miranda's live show on Friday night and had an excellent tiime

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good weekend - mine would be similar although I'd probably not be watching movies but listening to something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a perfect weekend...if i ever find myself on my own at a weekend (probably when the boys are all grown up) i'd spend it just like you did x great pages, love the PL spread x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.