Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Days at the Farm

It's always so much fun to go to the farm for our scrapbook retreats. We started going once a year, but now we're up to every season. It's so nice to have no responsibilities---to be able to do whatever you want---whenever you want. We enjoy early happy hours and rocking on the porch with a good book or magazine. But that wasn't in the cards this trip. It was too cool---until the last day. I spent several hours outside reading. I did 16 scrapbook layouts which I'll share when I get a chance to photograph them. 

Views from the deck.


The cows always bring some excitement. Once they got out in the middle of the night and were in the back yard. I slept through that. This time the owner of the cows was coming by quite a bit. Turns out, one of the calves was born with a pretty severe cleft palate. It died within 24 hours. Karolyn and Pam went to take a look. I didn't want to see that. I'm not a farm girl. I love the outdoors and seeing animals, but I don't want to deal with them.
"Chuck" the woodchuck lives here too. We see him all the time

We have a lot of animals in our own backyard. The difference is that we don't take the time to just sit around outside and enjoy nature at home. There's always too much work to do. Then pretty soon, it's too hot. But for now, I've been enjoying reading on my own front porch--- relaxing on the porch swing.
It'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.