Saturday, April 5, 2014

One Thing That Really Irks Me...

Is people who think they can just take from you.

Last night, someone rifled through my car. Yes, I leave my car unlocked in my driveway. I lock it everywhere else, but not in my driveway. I made that decision years ago when Connie's daughter, Malinda's car was broken in to---in her driveway. I figured, I'd rather they just rifle through it rather than break my window. My strategy is to never leave anything of value in my car. I don't.

When I got in my car this morning at 6:45 a.m. on my way to my hair appointment, the first thing I noticed was a travel game that I keep in the door on the passenger side sitting on the seat. Then I noticed a napkin on the floor. I keep my car perfectly neat. That's when I noticed my console was open. That's when it hit me that someone had been in my car. They completely messed up my glove compartment. All they would find in there are my auto manual, a first aid kit, hand sanitizer and some napkins. They didn't take any of that. What they took was the change I had in the console---you know those slots that are "built in." They took all the change except the pennies---at most a couple bucks.

The only thing of value that was in my car were my prescription sunglasses. I'm glad they left those behind. Plus, I had my CD holder full of CD's. They didn't want those either. I guess now-a-days, everyone just has iPods. Luckily for them as they would have been disappointed. All my CD's are from Broadway shows.

What really irks me is that some people think they can just take from others. As if we didn't work hard for what we have. It makes me so mad that some think they are some how entitled to just take whatever they want. What I say to that is---get a friction' job---just like everybody else!

This is not the first time we've been robbed. Actually it's the 5th time.

1st time---we were on vacation when someone broke a window. They took a large water cooler bottle that we had nearly full of change and 2 hunting rifles.

2nd time---when we moved, the movers took another nearly full water cooler bottle of change. After that, we quit saving our change in one of those bottles. Now it's just in clear view in the pantry---a large container of change. Maybe no one would look in there.

3rd time---carpet layers stole money from Mindy's room and a pair of diamond earrings from my room. I was right here in the house and never heard anyone come downstairs. Those items were recovered.

4th time---my purse was stolen out of my car at school. That was definitely my fault for not locking my car. I thought I had---but it only takes one time. Having my purse stolen was probably the worst. I really liked the purse and ALL my stuff inside!

5th time---last night.

That's enough!

Have you ever been robbed?

6 comments:

  1. Yes, we've had things stolen from us - tis always disappointing and upsetting. Wookie and I were amazed that you leave your car unlocked - here in London if the car didn't disappear the contents would - seats, radio, steering wheel or nasty things would be done inside. Friends of ours put a sign in their window saying 'nothing of value is left in this car' and leave the glove compartment open with the contents on the seat so people can see that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me so mad too, we work hard then someone comes and steals from us,xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry this has happened to you.

    It's an interesting one - you have taken me back to my first trip to Boston, and how I couldn't believe how everyone was leaving their cars unlocked. I have never known anyone here to leave their car unlocked even outside their own front door. In fact, if the police catch you leaving a lot of valuables on view in your car, locked or unlocked, you would get a very stern talking to!

    I have chased two lads away from my car in the middle of the night. I heard breaking glass and raced out to catch them breaking in, but i swore at them a lot and they ran away. Not very brave burglars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If we left our car unlocked it would most probably be taken. Not because its a good flash car but because they could!! We were burgled when we lived in London. They broke into our garage for tools to break into the house. They damaged every door trying to get in and then managed to prise a window open. They took all my jewellery. Jewellery my nan had left me, I was devastated! Plus it's not nice knowing someone has been through your stuff. Cupboards and draws were overturned..an awful mess was made. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't. Unless you count the time someone took my inspection sticker from my car by literally breaking off part of the license plate. We keep our home and our cars locked down pretty tightly. Even in this safe neighborhood. But my daughter had her purse stolen right off the back of her chair on New Year's Eve in Philadelphia. Yes, you have to be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m sorry to hear that this kept on happening to you, and I’m just glad you weren’t there when they came for it—who knows what they could have done to you. Car robberies are probably one of the most prominent crime that takes place anywhere, particularly in parking lots of busy areas. Anyway, I hope you don’t go through this again. Keep safe!


    Jonah Navarrete @ Bauer Crider & Parry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.