Thursday, April 3, 2014

What's Happenin'

Outside my window: Everything is in bloom and looking gorgeous.
 The violas are look great. I have always loved the creeping phlox, but last year, my lawn people cut them back rather than let them drape over the wall. I love a crisp manicured look to our landscaping, but I did like the soft, free-flow look of the phlox. No telling how long it's going to take for them to grow back.
I was concerned that with our harsh, freezing cold this winter that my fish would die. But it looks like they made it! I was certain that my 18" pond had frozen solid. Apparently not.
 The view from my kitchen window---notice how the phlox drape over the wall?
In a few areas along the bed, I have a darker purple. You can see it in the photo above too.
 This is a Japanese cherry tree. It is so pretty---although it's not as pink as it usually is. Maybe it has something to do with the soil---too alkaline or acidic.
 From a distance, the tree doesn't look pink at all.
I do not have too many tulips left. I gave up when the squirrels and moles ate most of the bulbs. There a just a few that keep coming back.

I am thinking: That I have another weekend to myself as Butch is visiting Sandy and family in Charlotte. He went for a car show that takes place on Friday and Saturday. I was going to go, but Sandy is going to be out-of-town with Elizabeth's girl scout troop. So, it's going to be a guy's weekend.

I am thankful for: the remote control and the DVR. I don't think I need to explain.

From the kitchen: No cooking is going to be happening this weekend. 

What I'm watching: I just started watching a new show this week---I have several of them taped. Mind Games---is really good. It's about a pair of brothers (one of them is Christian Slater) who start a business that helps people get what they want. It's a study about how people can have their minds changed by subtle things. 

I am hoping: To do a lot of scrapbooking this weekend. But that will depend on what I'm reading (below).

I am reading: What She Left Behind by Ellen Marie Wiseman. This is the first book in a really long time that I do not want to put down. It is so good and written in my favorite format---each chapter is a different character and time. I'll probably finish it tomorrow---I just started it on Monday night. But then again, I'm afraid this is one book that I don't want to end, so I might try to drag it out. I'll be really disappointed if the ending doesn't live up to the book.

I am busy creating: I'm planning to do my PL layout for March. Also, I need to write my handout for AYM. Then I'll be planning for the farm crop on April 14th.

I'm bummed: I forgot to put on my Fitbit today.

I am hearing: A nature program about animal's homes.

In other news: My friends and I went to the theater on Wednesday night. We saw Company---a Stephen Sondheim musical (he also did Into the Woods and Sweeney Todd---those are the only two I've seen from his large body of work). We didn't love it. I was familiar with quite a bit of the music due to my Broadway station on my satellite radio. Didn't love that either.

One of my favorite things right now: Ahava lotions from the Dead Sea. My friend, Linda introduced me to them when we were in the Holy Land a few years ago. 

I appreciate: my friend and hair dresser that takes me at 7 a.m. on a Saturday. I desperately need a perm.

I regret: that Morgan is going so far away for college. She is set on San Diego University in California. While we're happy for her (and her $10,000 per year scholarship), we're really going to miss her. She just can't bop home whenever we want her to. Still, we want her to be happy.

Can you believe that Easter is merely 2 weeks away? Sandy and family are going to the beach. We'll be joining them for a few days. 

Time is just flying by. It won't be long and our pool parties are going to be starting up.




5 comments:

  1. What a lovely tour of your garden - glad your fish made it through and yes that draping phlox is so nice against the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, hauling yourself out at 7.00am on a Saturday definitely is dedication to the hairdressing cause! Your garden looks beautiful - there'll be no cherry blossom here for at least another month I reckon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to see your home...the garden looks very pretty. Oh and that pool...the boys would love it lol! Enjoy your quiet weekend. I'm off on a rugby tour with a group of 14/15 year old lads...it will be anything but quiet x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. just Wow! Grass is just starting to green up around here. Nothing even close to blooming. SO ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to know where your bucket of loose change is next time I'm in your kitchen.

    Gardens look great and pool parties aren't gonna start any time soon unless it heats up alot and soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.