Friday, April 11, 2014

What's Happenin'!

Outside my window: As it continues to warm up, more and more things are blooming. Butch has big plans for the pots on the patio and around the pool. I'm happy about this as he doesn't usually get so involved with the garden.

I am thinking: That tomorrow is going to be a fun day as we are going to the Farmer's Market and the aquatic nursery to buy plants.

I am thankful for: Our freezer club---a new post coming soon with a recipe share. It's so nice to have dinner in the freezer.

From the kitchen: Since I am going to be out-of-town for basically the next two weeks, I made my food for freezer club. It's a new crockpot recipe. If it's good, I'll be sure to share the recipe.

I am wearing: Lounging around the house clothes.

I am hoping: To get my gift closet cleaned out and inventoried this weekend. 

I am reading: The Invisible Wall. OMGosh!!! This book is so good. So far it is a definite "10!" Over last weekend, I finished What She Left Behind ---another one that is sooo good. Totally worth the read. 

If you have any books that you've read lately that you just love, do send the titles my way.

I'm watching: Just the regular stuff this week. But last weekend, I watched a movie starring Eddie Redmayne called Birdsong. It was really good. I also watched Great Expectations. Fabulous. You know how I love anything British. 

I am busy creating: I haven't created anything this week---although I did get several layouts done last weekend. This week, I've been planning what I'm going to take to scrapbook at the Farm Crop next week. 

I'm bummed: That all of a sudden, my internet reception on my treadmill is not all that great.

I am hearing: A Bob Dylan tribute on "Great Performances."

Around the house: It's looking like Easter in the house.


I have had these baskets for about 12 years now and they are starting to really show their age. I could do a little re-hab work, but I don't like doing that sort of thing. Maybe next year...

One of my favorite things right now: I signed up for Lumosity based on the recommendation of my friend, Karolyn. It's a series of brief games a few times a week that are supposed to keep your brain sharp and ward off Alzheimers. $4.00 a month. If it works, it's worth it. You can check out Lumosity and take a free test.

I appreciate: Bread and Company's fruit tea. And Starbucks tea. And my collection of Twinings tea.

I regret: that there are just not enough hours in the day to do all the things I want to do---all fun, but I do have to work in a few chores.

How the weekend is shaping up: Tomorrow after happy hour, we have poker. The rest of the weekend is free. I'm planning on getting some work done. Most likely I'll finish my book.

I hope you have a fun and productive/or lazy weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. I have never seen baskets like this on a door for Easter - lovely! And those eggs are very colourful ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely catch up with what's happening in your world today! Such FUN Easter decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, i do love those Easter door baskets. They look great from here - yes, leave it til next year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.