Wednesday, May 28, 2014

How old is too old for a chair lesson?

We started our Memorial Weekend with a pool party. The day started with Butch giving all of our adult children and grandchildren "chair" lessons. We wouldn't expect anything less. Truthfully, the "kids" and by that I mean everyone---really needed to know how to operate these new chars. There is a little bit of a trick to them. We would like them to last for more than one season.

 The water was perfect! We had the music blasting and spent about 4 hours out here.

We had barbecued cheeseburgers, potato salad and baked beans for dinner. Morgan requested a yellow cake with chocolate frosting for dessert. 

I made one mistake. I put Stephanie in charge of pool drinks. We always joke that the girl can't cook. But with drinks, no cooking is involved. They weren't good. We're going to keep her on clean-up. Luckily, she's a good sport. She's really good at clean-up! She's pretty fortunate that Nicky cooks.

After dinner, the party was pretty much over. After a day in the sun, everyone was exhausted. No games. That's pretty unusual for us, but I have to say, I was tired too. 

On Sunday, everyone decided to go to the Renaissance Festival. Butch, Elizabeth and I stayed home. Elizabeth had a school project to do and wanted my help. 
The assignment was to make 15 of something that could be "sold" to her classmates. They've been earning play money all year. Now it's time to spend it. Elizabeth wanted to make a vase filled with sucker flowers. Of course she had to taste test one of the suckers.
They turned out so cute. Butch got some aquarium gravel for us to use in the vase to hold the flowers in place.
Just when I thought I was all finished with school projects! How could I turn down this little face?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like y'all had a lovely day! I had to laugh at the "chair lessons!" And, of course, you had to help with that school project, which turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. School projects keep turning up and you are crafty.... they turned out so nicely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.