Saturday, May 3, 2014

I just might be a bit of a snob after all...

Although I hate to admit that, but it just might be true.

I can easily get distracted while in church. Recently, I got to thinking about the church renovation and what might have happened to some of the stained glass windows. Then I thought about all the pews that had been replaced---which then reminded me of the one my sister, Jeanne bought at Goodwill. It's pretty awesome. It would be fun to have one on the front porch.

Personally, I hate Goodwill. It's smelly. It reminds me of all the church/school garage sales I helped with. Stuff just smelled. It sort of grossed me out. But here's the thing. I've never actually been inside a Goodwill store. Yep, that's right. I just imagine it must smell. Plus, I think, "why would I want someone else's old crap? I have enough crap of my own." Of course, the same could be said for antique stores, but to me that's a whole different thing. For all I know, most of that crap came from Goodwill!

Then, while we were at the beach last week, Butch made a comment about going to the Goodwill store. He said that rather than pay to rent bikes, he could just stop at the Goodwill store and pick one up cheap. He could just donate it back to them at the end of the week. That's actually a pretty good idea.

Still, I don't want to go in there. I just know it will smell. Does that make me a snob?

4 comments:

  1. Nope, it makes you normal. We all get an idea in our head that nothing will remove. The only way to find out if you are right is to go in... and you don't want to do that. So don't go. That's not snobbish that's just human.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We call the "charity shops" here and I love them. You'll never know unless you try...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh charity shops. My boys won't go in them either........cos of the smell! they wait outside x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - they don't all smell . . . but some of them do! But there are treasures to be found in some.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.