Saturday, May 24, 2014

Layouts from the Beach

Our beach trip was the ultimate get-away. Scrapbook in the morning, beach for 2 hours, lunch, pool for 3 hours, then scrapbook the night away. So---Much---Fun!!! Who wants to go? Let me know and we'll do it!!

About 3 weeks prior to the trip, I helped Karolyn and Pam get organized for the trip. Each week, I gave them an assignment---sort and print pictures, gather papers, etc. Since our space was limited, we could not take all the stuff that we normally do. I had each of us bring 3 punches, 3 rolls of washi tape and assorted embroidery floss. That way, we could share. It worked out perfectly. We were even able to share the alphabets we brought.
"I'm Holding Her Place" is about my friends, Connie and Karolyn. Ever since Karolyn retired, I've joked that she could be my BFF until Connie retired. The larger picture on the left was just perfect for the layout as you can see Karolyn in the background. I can't wait for Connie to retire. When our girls were little, we did a lot together---then she went back to work. I've been waiting over 20 years for her to retire.
My sister, Jeanne is the "Floor Dweller." Our brother, Ronnie dubbed her that because she was much younger than us---although, he didn't name her that until we were adults. It just makes me laugh and seemed like the perfect---"grab your interest"---title. I love titles that make you want to find out what the page is all about.
 "You Just Never Know Where You'll Find a Note" is about Jordan's habit of leaving notes for us. Many of them are hidden within a note pad---on the desk, in the car or just about anywhere.
 Whenever I have a long title, I like to use smaller stickers for part of it.
 I don't often spend a lot of time hand-stitching on my pages because it takes so long. In fact, years ago, when hand-stitching became a trend, I told my friends---"I've been a stitcher for over 35 years. When I start stitching on my scrapbook pages, you can just call the little men with the white coats." Luckily, I guess they forgot, because here I am---stitching more than I ever thought I would.
Here is that "note leaving" girl with her grandpa.
 "Snorkeling" is a layout about my first time. Old photos---back to around 1990.
 "Captured"----love that title----I filed it away in my brain---from Ali Edwards (I think).
 "The Reception" about Steph's wedding.

 More wedding---"mr. & mrs." The title is actually the invitation.
 I had a lot of photos that I wanted to use, so I made a fold-out.

 I do "LOVE these photos." Sam, the photographer, is a friend of Nicky and Steph's. He works for the newspaper. He had the BEST ideas for some shots. I love the close up of the wedding ring propped against Steph's high heel.

Mor layouts in another post. Next up will be Morgan's graduation.

4 comments:

  1. looks like you've been quite busy Barbara! what a fun getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only doe sit sound like fun, it also sounds like productive fun. Does it get any better than that? The stories you have recorded are those little snatches of live everyone in the family will appreciate reading about

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that trip does sound like great fun! Glad your friends haven't locked you away as the stitching is great. So nice to add the invitation and the notes to the pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - great batch of layouts Barbara! You've used some great titles on these & have so many wonderful memories & stories recorded!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.