Wednesday, May 7, 2014

This Kid Rocks!

Sandy, that is!!! She LOVES Kid Rock. In fact, she's become somewhat of a "groupie!" Last summer, she went to one concert and then 4 days later, drove to Atlanta for another!


These pictures are from this past summer. 

When she heard that Kid Rock was going to be at a music festival in Charlotte---Carolina Rebellion (heavy metal bands), she HAD to get tickets. This festival is similar to Woodstock or Bonnaroo---but only a weekend long. When she purchased the tickets, she knew that Kid Rock was going to perform on Sunday. What she didn't know was that it was going to be at 10 p.m.!!!

Right away, that gave her reason to pause. The concert is "festival seating" which means you take a blanket and stake out a spot on the lawn. Sandy had visions of a picnic basket and a bottle of wine. When she found out how late the concert was starting, she said, "Doesn't he know it's a school night!" That brought her "coolness" level down at least 10 notches!!

My question, was---"where in the heck are you going to PARK?? That's always my first consideration. I just knew she'd be a mile away. She and Greg started plenty early so there would be lots of time to figure it all out.

She sent us these pictures:
This one came in about 7:30 p.m. with this message: "I'm determined to get closer. I have until 10 p.m. to do it!"
As she inched her way up I got this message: "So far so good."
 And finally: "I did it!!" 
Actually, she's about 30 feet away, so the pictures aren't great, but she had a ball.

Here is the text she sent in response to my question---what time did you get home and did you have to stand the whole time?



Kid Rock is the closest Sandy can get to being a "rebel!" She does Rock!!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I admire her stamina! I think I'd have wanted to go home for,an early night :). Glad she d a lot of fun ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.