Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A Stroll Through the Garden


I don't remember what these are, but they sure are pretty. They are so vibrant that they show well from a distance.
 Lamb's ear in the lower left corner, daisies (my mom's favorite), and lavender.

 The annabelle hydrangeas are in full bloom. They are huge. The dry especially well---just put them in a vase of water and let the vase run dry.
 More daisies with purple coneflowers, French lavender, and jackmani clematis on the fence. There's a golden rain tree in the background.
 The magnolias are in bloom now too. Our particular variety are called Southern magnolias.
 I'd say they are 25-30 feet tall. The blooms are the size of dinner plates.
My English knot garden. You can see the design much better from the upstairs bedroom window. I need to take a picture from up there.
One of the water plants is in bloom, but I don't know the name of it. The little on on the bottom right is called a chameleon plant. It's really bright and colorful.
 I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have tomatoes before the 4th of July.
I don't know what I was thinking when I bought this stand for clay pots. I guess I forgot that I HATE clay pots. They dry out so fast.
We were gone just two days and came home to all of these plants looking completely dead. I watered them right away and they did perk back up, but it's not good for them. The purple basil has lost its vibrancy.
Our plants need to be watered every day. This year, it's a little easier, since Butch has kept all the pots on the patio. This is the first year we do not have pots all around the pool. I have to say, I don't really miss them. Still, it's going to be a problem when we're on vacation. I'll have to start lining up friends to come swim and water.

2 comments:

  1. You have a really beautiful space there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks wonderful....even over here I have to water the pots every other day unless it rains......and every day when it gets hot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.