Wednesday, June 4, 2014

I LOVE Reality Shows!

There, I've said it. I LOVE reality shows. I'm the first to admit that they can be trashy---but not all of them. Butch and I watch Amazing Race, Survivor, So You Think You Can Dance, The Voice and Shark Tank. I watch the trashy ones by myself. I'm currently watching The Bachelorette. Even if they are trashy, I still like them.

That brings me to my newest "trashy" reality show---"I Wanna Marry Harry!" The premise of the show is that some guy named Matt, has a very good resemblance to Prince Harry. He admits that he's a bit of a nerd and could never get these types of girls on his own. He's referred to as "Sir"---so he never says he's Prince Harry. The girls are not told that he is the Prince---they are just convincing themselves. They must not know the name of the show. Little by little, they girls are convinced it really is Prince Harry because the show orchestrates some things to fool them---like paparazzi---and a castle.

Some of these girls are pretty dumb. One of them just said she French kissed Harry---but no t*****e. That is the very definition of French kissing. Okay, I already admitted it was trashy. There was "twerking" involved too. And when I say "dumb"---seriously, can they really think that Prince Harry needs to be on a dating show to find a princess? Still, I want to watch. I guess that's why these shows continue---there's just enough of us that like these trashy shows.

All of the girls are American. I don't know if this is an American show or a British show. It appears to take place in the UK. I didn't see the very first show, so I'm sure I missed all the details. Anybody else watching it?

I should be ashamed, but I'm not. It's sort of the ultimate in mindless entertainment. And believe me, it is full of "mindless" people!

Still, there is one redeeming factor. "Naughty" in a British accent is my new favorite word!

2 comments:

  1. I saw the trailers for this one here, but much as I love trashy reality shows too, this one was a step too far for me. Now, the real Harry? That I'd watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about this show too. And like you we are partial to a reality show. I like Sian's thinking and i'm with her if it was the real Harry then I'd watch x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.