Friday, June 27, 2014

What's Happenin'?

Outside my window: Summer is full on here---humidity and all. Butch's new mosquito repellent is working like a charm. He bought a fan that we just leave on the front porch. 

I am thinking: That I have a few more things I'd like to accomplish before we leave for vacation on Saturday.

I am thankful for: Air conditioning---even if I keep our thermostat on 78 degrees. It's pretty warm in the house, but no where near as hot as outside---90+ and muggy. My goal is to keep our electric bill under $1000! Yep, you read that right. It's a big house and we have 3 air conditioning units. 

From the kitchen: I'm going to make some chocolate chip cookies to take on our vacation. 

I am wearing: My jammies.

I am hoping: To finish a project I have planned for July 11th before I leave town.

I am reading: The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry for book club. It's pretty good. He's meeting a lot of interesting people on his 500 mile walk. Plus, he has plenty of time to reflect on his life. Even his wife is reflecting on their life together and whether he's going to come home or not.

I'm watching: There's not much on right now, so it's a good time to catch up on a few shows. I got caught up with Boardwalk Empire. All I can say is you better not fall in love with any of the characters because they don't last long. I don't like shows that have you liking the people that do really bad things. With this show, just about the time you think you are starting to like the "bad guys"---they do something so horrendous, that you are reminded they are, indeed, "bad guys" and not worthy of your devotion!

In my scrapbook room, I've watched a couple mini series over the last month from the Elizabeth Haskell collection---Wives and Daughters and Cranfield. There's one more in the collection that I haven't seen yet called North and South. Once I finish that, I'll be ready to pass it on. I've really enjoyed the first two, so I'm pretty sure I'll like the last one. I always enjoy period pieces.

I am busy creating: I haven't created anything this week, but I have gotten quite a bit of organizational tasks completed. I've sorted and purged. I spent 6 hours putting layouts in albums and used nearly 5 tape runners. That's what it takes when you have more than 100 layouts to deal with. Note to self---don't wait so long the next time.

I'm bummed: That my friend and hairdresser---Joanie is retiring. I don't think I'll find anyone that would be willing to take me at 6:30 or 7:00 in the morning. Plus, she was so reasonable---$100 including tip for cut, color and perm. I have friends that pay $185 just for cut and color. I'm on the hunt for someone new. Any recommendations? Locally, please!

I am hearing: A recording of So You Think You Can Dance. It's my favorite summer show.

One of my favorite things right now: I've discovered a new app for my iPhone. It's called "Receipt Hog." You enter your grocery and drug store receipts to earn cash back. 

I appreciate: French manicures. My nails are finally just long enough.

I regret: That we haven't gotten as much pool time yet. The weather has been a little "iffy."

How the weekend is shaping up: We'll have happy hour tonight where we'll discuss final plans for our family vacation to the Smoky Mountains. We'll be doing all the touristy stuff---Dollywood, Dixie Stampede, Cades Cove, shopping in Pigeon Forge, hiking, and browsing through Gatlinburg. The weather is not going to be very nice but that won't stop us. We have fun no matter what we do.

I hope y'all have a great weekend!




1 comment:

  1. We have a girl here whose lifetime ambition is to go to Dollywood. She says she hopes you have a wonderful time

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.