Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday Frustrations

I've decided to start a little something new that I'm going to call "Friday Frustrations." We all have them, why not share?

*Someone spit gum on the running board of my car---hot pink gum---all gooey from the hot sun. Butch did the best he could to get it off, but it's pretty stuck in the grooves. I might have to try some peanut butter. It's against the law to chew gum in Singapore. If you do, you get caned. Personally, I can't really believe that someone would be so crass as to spit gum on another person's car.

*I was on the phone with an investment company trying to get some help filling out some papers. Of course, we got cut off. When I called back, I got someone else---that I couldn't understand---if you know what I mean. I guess the second call went straight to India.

*We have a leak under the sink. It's done quite a bit of damage. Butch thinks it's our Culligan water dispenser. They are coming tomorrow between 1 and 3. We'll see how that goes.

*Butch just got a new computer last week. We can't figure out how to get it hooked up to the printer. I've tried everything---downloading drivers---and anything I could think of. I'll be on the phone tomorrow with Canon to see if they can help. I saw a comment somewhere that the new Macs are not compatible with this particular printer. If that's the case, I'll have to get a new printer---just when I gave my spare to Jordan for her to take to her apartment! Isn't that always the way? You can bet I'll be frustrated when I get on the phone with Canon!!

*The expensive Celebrex did not work at all. I've gone back to the Meloxicam that only slightly works. I'm hobbling like an old woman! I think I'm going to have to just bite the bullet and get the surgery. I want to wait until after our trip to Yosemite in October.

That's about it for this week. Actually, I have very little to complain about! Not that I'm borrowing trouble, but I'm pretty sure I'll have lots of frustrations this weekend as we move Jordan to her new apartment at the University of Tennessee.

2 comments:

  1. It would be a little wicked of me to wish that the person who spat the gum had been a very poor shot and it had dribbled down their front instead

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my week went comparatively well, I guess:
    *the doctor called in the prescription we needed & the pharmacy had it ready for Robbie to pick up on the way home
    *the mail lady always has a smile even when she has to get out in the heat almost everyday to put a package on our porch - when I mentioned it, she just said "it keeps me in business"
    *I didn't have any trouble booking hotels for an upcoming road trip - even got one night free with points
    *I got to the Oscar de la Renta Five Decades of Fashion exhibit before the crowds & was able to get some fabulous photos without anyone in the way!

    Hope your weekend goes well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.