Sunday, August 31, 2014

"Nobody Understands the Cloud!"

Well I thought I did!! A lot of people think the cloud is a storage location. What it is----is a transfer/holding place to move information from one device to another. Except when it's not!!! I don't understand why if the cloud is "up there somewhere" it doesn't always work where you are.

All this to say, I have a lot of photos of our adventure out here in San Diego. I definitely want to share the photos with the stories, so it will have to wait until I get home tomorrow.

We're all done---everything fit---and Morgan wasn't the only one who brought everything she owned. Apparently, that must be girls. My girls probably fell in to that category too, except they didn't own quite as much stuff! I saw Uhauls and moving vans filled to the brim. I wonder how some of those girls got all their stuff in those tiny rooms.

Since we finished with everything Stephanie and I decided to try to change our flight and come home a day early. We checked with Morgan to make sure she would be okay with that. She only has a 2 hour break in her orientation schedule. She's already made several friends---one we met at Bed Bath and Beyond. She's friendly and out going and an easy conversationalist.

Anyway, when I called Southwest, they told me it would cost $700 to come home a day early. Sooo, we're going to drive around San Diego and hang out at the pool. I thought of going to Sea World, but it's $65. I've been there before and it's totally worth it but I've already spent enough money out here. Then I thought of the zoo, but I didn't like it all that much the last time---plus it's $46. I have not been to a zoo yet that compares to the St. Louis Zoo and it's FREE! Kind of hard to pay that money for something you do for free.

Our plan is to just browse around the city for an hour or so, then come back and hang out at the pool and rest up. You know what I'm still dealing with at home. More cleaning awaits me.

We plan to pick up Morgan and take her for ice cream. Then Stephanie and I are going to find us a seafood restaurant for a nice dinner tonight. Home tomorrow! Can't wait.

4 comments:

  1. Hope y'all have a relaxing day - take advantage of it knowing you'll have plenty to do when you get home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy your day and have a safe trip home. It has certainly been an eventful few days for you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, don't think I'll ever understand it.

    Have a safe trip back. Yesterday we drove to my Mums' to pick up my Dad's old desk to drive it here, for it to sit in the hall for a week, then we'll load it back into the car and drive it to TTO's new flat in Scotland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping you had a nice time, even if you couldn't get home - sounds better than getting back early and spending the time cleaning?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.