Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Party's Over

Everybody left today---the Lapps family and Jackie and Greg. I went back to bed and slept until 11 a.m. Let me explain as I never sleep late.

I started taking the Celebrex about a little over a week ago. I'm so aggravated. It's not working. At ALL! I'm worse off now. I'm realizing now that the Meloxicam at least took the edge off the pain. I had no idea. I keep thinking I need to give the Celebrex more time. Then Butch showed me an article from Consumer Reports. The magazine says that Celebrex does not ease pain any more or better than other pain relievers---including ibuprofen and naproxin. What??? This new doctor prescribed a drug that not only doesn't work---it's mega expensive. That makes me wonder about him. I think drugs are about the only thing you cannot return for a refund! Bummer.

Besides the fact that it's not working, it's causing me to have insomnia. This is completely different than the prednisone. I can sleep with that, I just don't need as much sleep. With the celebrex, I have a feeling that I'm experiencing a bit of what Michael Jackson felt. I can't sleep. I feel lousy all day.

I think I'm going back to the Meloxicam. I think I'll call my regular doctor and maybe she can just increase it.

Now that I've complained, I'll report a little about our fun week. I think this was the very first time that we didn't play a single game. We spent most of the week in the pool. On Friday, I took the kids to   Sky High---a trampoline place.



After just 5 minutes, they were worn out! Mitchell was sweating! All of the kids said it's harder than it looks. I don't really get that. It doesn't seem like you have to exert much effort to just bounce. It must be a workout as they have "air-obics" there. Stephanie and Mindy plan to give it a try. We'll see what they have to say about it.

Mitchell and Jordan did the "wipe-out" thing---Sky High calls it "meltdown."

We were there for an hour and fifteen minutes. The kids were worn out. We stopped for barbecue at Corkys. It was a fun outing---just the kids and me. I love time alone with them. Their conversations are always so interesting!

Speaking of the kids, they played some games themselves. On Saturday night, they started with Clue. About the time I decided to go to bed, they were playing Head Banz. It sounded like they were having a lot of fun!!

We spent the day doing laundry and getting everything back to normal. After everyone leaves, the quiet seems so sad. There's nothing we like better than having the family here. 



1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.