Friday, October 31, 2014

Wassup?

Outside my window: Dark and cold at 3 a.m. I think it's supposed to be rainy today---for Halloween.


I am thinking: That tomorrow is going to a cold and rainy day for planting at Steph and Nicky's house.

I am thankful for: Medicine that helps to control the itching of my hives as I try to stay off the prednisone.

From the kitchen: I've made all simple meals this week with the help of frozen spaghetti sauce, ham steaks and Rotel chicken.

I am wearing: Robe, jammies and socks.

I am hoping: To get started on "operation clean out" as we prepare for the remodel.

I am reading: The Boys in the Boat for our family book club at Thanksgiving. It took me a little while to get in to this book, but I am enjoying it. It's the true story of how the "crew" from Washington University rose to make it to the Olympics in Berlin in 1935.

I'm watching: This week, I've just been catching up on my regular shows. My favorite of the new ones is "How to get away with murder." It's suspenseful and oh, so, good!

I am busy creating: I haven't created anything this week---although I did finish our last cork project for my friends. 

I'm bummed: That my hives are out of control. The medicine that I take to control the itching makes me sleep. I've napped at least 2 or 3 hours each day this week. I've gone to bed at 7:30 each night. 

I am hearing: A song from Glee. I loved that show. I'm sorry it had to get so weird. I still watch it for the song and dance. The story line---not so much.

Around the house: Butch's new office furniture was delivered yesterday. It will be in the dining room for the next month until the new carpeting and painting is done.

 One of my favorite things right now: Fires in the fireplaces. I love this time of year when it gets dark early and you can snuggle in for the evening.

I appreciate: The people that help to keep things looking good around here: Margarita, Sara, Christy, Aaron, Robert, Greg, and the pool guy.

I regret: that we don't have a place to keep all the furniture we are getting rid of. These teens will need it for their apartments very soon.

How the weekend is shaping up: We were supposed to be in Baltimore this weekend. We canceled the trip due to my hives. Flying is really bad for me, so we decided not to go. I just hope I'll be over them soon. It's been a full week now. At least I do not have the flu-like symptoms that usually accompany then. But I do itch. A. Lot! 

Halloween today---we don't get many trick or treaters---maybe 5 to 10. Last year it was 6---probably fewer this year if we have bad weather. 

I hope you have a fun and productive weekend.


3 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry to hear about the hives and I hope you get some relief very soon.

    Here they say it's going to be the warmest Halloween night on record

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you are not well, take care of yourself x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about all the itching - hope you get some relief soon. Lots of trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood, but we turned off all our lights and had a nice relaxing evening eating a Jack-O-Lantern pizze, orange cookies, and watching the first Harry Potter movie! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.