Saturday, November 15, 2014

This and That

It's looking like Christmas in Nashville. We kicked it off on Thursday night with Christmas Village. I've been going for nearly 30 years---I think I've only missed one. Actually, I'm kind of over it, but now Stephanie and Mindy want to go. What I used to think was so exciting---now is just crowded and expensive. Funny how your perspective changes as you get older! I've decided to look at it differently---something to do with the girls. So, as long as they want to go, I'll do it. I think they just like the wine and dinner after!

Have I ever mentioned how much I love the Apple Store? Well, I do! I knew better, but somehow, I downloaded some malware on to my computer. It took over my homepage and gave me a million pop-ups. I did everything I could think of and couldn't fix it. I booked an appointment at the Genius Bar. Those guys are truly geniuses. I guess that's where they got the name. He fixed it in less than 5 minutes.
I'm not the only one who loves the Apple store. It is always so crowded that now they line up outside. The Apple employees---make that iEmployees---try to assist you while you wait in line. Apple definitely knows how to do things quickly and efficiently.

I love Butch almost as much as I love the Apple Store. Okay, a little bit more----because he does stuff like this.
He noticed that the box I carry my printer in needed some repair. He took care of it for me. He does stuff like that. Hmmm. That's exactly what the Apple Store does---takes care of stuff for me. No wonder I love them both!!

So, I gave Butch a quiz titled: "How Anti Social Are You?" His test results were that he was a "Super Social Person." Just goes to show, you CANNOT rely on these tests!! You can say Butch is a lot of things---but social is NOT one of them! Don't get me wrong, he can hold his own when he needs to, but he doesn't like it. Let's just leave it at anti-social.

Today, it is frrreeezzzziiinnnggg! You might know that this would be the day that I picked for family and friends to rent the pedal tavern! It holds 16 people. You pedal around town. You can bring your own beverages or stop along the way. We're bringing. I'm thinking hot chocolate! The place cancels if it's below 40 degrees. I think it will be right at 40 when we are to begin, but will drop lower as the night progresses. We cannot cancel them without losing our money. We'll just have to go for it.

Sometimes I wonder how I get myself in to these things. Oh yeah, now I remember. That's because I'm a planner and I want to do EVERYTHING!! Mostly, my friends like that about me. I'll let you know how they feel after tonight!

That's about enough of this and that!


4 comments:

  1. The pedal tavern sounds fascinating....I've never come across anything like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the apple store and Butch were helpful. The pedal tavern sounds good - hope it's fun. Christmas village - we've found things have got busier as we've got older too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear how the pedaling went...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's cold here, too - below freezing several times this week! What's up with that?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.