Sunday, February 22, 2015

Day 5

I’m so sad for Butch and Bruce. Not only did they have to get up at the crack of dawn again, it’s raining. Apparently, the fishing trip was not cancelled, so they had to go. In the meantime, I lounged around the room catching up on blogs, reading and having room service bring my breakfast to the patio.

Karolyn and I had scheduled spa treatments for today. Our plan was to have the first one around 10 a.m. and then go out to the pool for a couple of hours. Due to the rain, we changed the plans. After our massages we sat in her hot tub in the rain.


The guys got back right after our first spa treatment. They said the fishing was horrible---and not because of the rain. Butch has fished in all kinds of weather. That’s what fishermen do! He said that the guide didn’t appear to know much about fishing. He gave them heavy duty rods and line with light weight lures that they had a hard time casting out. Bruce and him had to make all the suggestions---“why don’t we try somewhere else” or maybe we should try trolling. Butch said there was a depth finder on the boat, but the guy never used it To add insult to injury, Bruce’s phone got soaked in the backpack and wasn’t working. Luckily, he was able to get some rice from the hotel and tried that trick. It actually worked!!

Around noon, the guys urged us to get out to go for lunch.



After lunch, I walked around to take some more pictures---of the foliage and flowers. I just love the tropical lushness of it all. Plus, without the sun, the lighting was spectacular.
 I have no idea what type of flowers these are. They almost look like pine cones.
But, they are open. Whatever, they are beautiful!

More blog reading until our second massage at 3 p.m. In the morning I had the volcanic mud massage. This afternoon, I had the chocolate massage. Karolyn had that in the morning. It smells fabulous. And to top it off, they offer you a plate of a dozen, beautiful, chocolate covered strawberries!
That's a lot of chocolate covered strawberries!! We're taking them with us to our next hotel. Notice the beautiful chocolate detail on the plate.
What better way to end the chocolate massage but with a cup of hot chocolate. Every detail is exquisite!

Now before you think we are totally crazy about money by booking two massages in one day, let me explain. We each had a $100 credit which covered one massage. Then they were offering a special for $75.00 for the Chocolate massage. So basically, I got two massages for $75.00. Can't beat that. Unabated luxury!!

It took me two showers to get all of the chocolate off. All that cocoa butter left me all smooth. I rested for a bit before getting ready for dinner.

We met for cocktails at 6:30 before our dinner at 7:30. 
The food has been awesome. We had table side guacamole that was the very best I've ever had. I thought he put too much onion in, but it was perfect---so delicious. We've had things we've never heard of before---especially fruits. I can't even tell you their names. Not only have I forgotten them, but I wouldn't be able to spell them anyway. We enjoyed a table side banana flambé for dessert. I took just one bite as I was holding out for the delicious cookies they leave each night. Last night, I actually got a little mad at Butch for eating his! I wanted it! I can be selfish like that. Especially when it comes to cookies!

Here are a few pictures from Orlando---our bird watching and waterfall hike guide. He emailed them to me today. I love a man of his word!


 This is a picture of the picture of Butch zip lining. Perfect form!

We leave tomorrow for the coast and the Four Seasons Hotel. Until then...


5 comments:

  1. Having to live this trip vicariously is KILLING me! I am so envious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is such a stunning trip - thank you for sharing the photos with us. Lovely to see you all in the shots Orlando took and the grin on Butch's face is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd choose spa treatments over zip lining any day! I had a chocolate wrap once and I fell asleep afterwards, for hours. It was amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are clearly having the most glorious time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a bunch of strawberries . . . I could enjoy one of those right about now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.