Monday, May 4, 2015

How Do You Ease in to the Day?

Are you the type that likes to lay in bed---doze, roll over, doze some more?

Or, are you the type who hits the floor running?

Guess which one I am?

We were having this conversation with friends. Butch is a dozer. It seems that most people are dozers. Me, when I wake up, I'm ready! Laying there and dozing seems like such a waste of time to me. I can't wait to get out of bed and start my day. I always have so many things I want to do. A lot of that includes work, but I like work and that sense of accomplishment that comes with completing it. In fact, I consider some work downright fun! Not the laundry.

I get up early. Sometimes on my own, sometimes related to the prednisone. I love the early morning hours. Today for example, I got up at 2 a.m. Of course, that's because I went to bed at 9 p.m. totally exhausted from the clean-out in my scrapbook room. I knew it was too early. I knew I'd be up too soon. But I got a solid 5 hours and feel great. I'm taking advantage of that. I'll get a lot done in the upcoming few hours.

The only problem with a 2 a.m. arisal (I just made that word up, but it sounds right) is that by the time I'm sitting in a dark movie theater for Movie Monday, you can be sure I'll be falling asleep! So, I've come up with a plan. I'm going BACK to bed at 5 a.m. I'll try to get a couple more hours of sleep. Even another hour will be good. On a regular basis, 6 hours is my average.

It's 3:30 a.m. I think I'm ready for breakfast.

5 comments:

  1. Very rarely doze here. I'm up..love the peace and quiet of a sleeping house. 2am is a little early though. 5-6 i could cope with x x enjoy your day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been an early riser (though not that early!) but as I get older I'm finding it easier to sleep in, or harder to get up, whichever way you want to look at it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, 2 am is definitely too early! I used to be a riser; I always got up the minute I awoke or the alarm went off. After my thyroid starting getting cranky & I was no longer working, I became more of a dozer. Although I agree about work, much of it is FUN and gives such a great sense of accomplishment! I hope you were able to get a few more hours later this morning so you can enjoy the movie this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm an early morning person too, can get much more work done then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I generally wake up without an alarm around 7 a.m. every day - a little earlier in the summer. I go to bed at around 10:15 p.m. I really need 8.5 hours a night to function.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.