Saturday, June 20, 2015

Lately...

Outside my window: What can I say? It's hot. You can fry an egg on the patio. The pool is barely refreshing these days.

 I am thinking: I want to get up in my scrapbook room. I haven't been able to spend any time up there since the big clean out a few weeks ago---or maybe it has been more than a month---yikes! Where does the time go? I'm planning to have an hour today--perhaps two. 

I am thankful for: Air conditioning! No explanation necessary!

From the kitchen: I have planned the first annual ALL Family Reunion for my friends tomorrow at the park. I have a couple dishes to make for that---Cowboy Caviar (click for recipe---makes a lot) and Carrot Casserole. 

I am wearing: I'm still in my pajamas and plan to stay that way until my friends come over for a swim party.

I am hoping: To break in my new tennis shoes. I used my rewards and "thanks for sharing" dollars from Macy's to buy two new pairs before Disney. I have a week.

I am reading: I've just started The Invention of Wings for book club. I've already finished Industry Darling. Unfortunately, I won't be able to go to book club since I'll be at the beach. This will be the first meeting I've missed since Connie and I started the club six or seven years ago. The funny part about it is that I could have gone if I hadn't changed the date to accommodate someone else. That's what I get for not checking my own calendar! I'll send my comments anyway. 

I'm watching: I finally got Butch to watch a series. I really like watching full seasons on dvd. We're watching Suits---recommended by my friend, Nancy. The only problem? Butch doesn't want to watch more than one episode at a time. I could watch two in a row for sure!

I am busy creating: I haven't created anything since the centerpiece for Mitchell's little party.
I'm itching to do some scrapbooking.

I'm bummed: That the weather forecast for tomorrow is not looking good. It could be a soggy picnic.

I am hearing: GMA in the background.

Around the house: I think it's really "cute" that Butch bought these glasses. We have tons of glasses and don't really need them. I guess you can never have too many gin and tonic glasses. 

 I guarantee you they came from the Dollar Store! Actually, the Dollar Store has some good stuff.

In other news: Jordan and friends have been over to swim three times this week. The problem? It's always after 10:00 p.m. I guess that's when everyone is finished working. It's not really a problem, but the music can get loud. We're happy to have them here. I keep the refrigerator stocked with soda and pantry stocked with chips. Reminds me of when our girls were young. Our house was the "go to" house. We didn't have a pool then. We're just glad to have them around. They clean up perfectly! I like that!

 One of my favorite things right now: 
First---who doesn't like free stuff? The first free things were the tickets to the Sounds Game---minor league baseball. Nicky's office has season tickets, so he offered me some. I took a couple friends. They were giving out free t-shirts. For what the shirts cost them I wish they'd had the park sprayed for mosquitoes. Maybe the did. My friend, Mary Jo and I were the only ones bothered. Of course, I have a problem with mosquitoes. Remember recently, I found out that they like O- blood types. I always knew it was the universal blood type, but I had no idea that everything in the universe would love it!
Second---I discovered Lemonheads when I was putting together the sunshine boxes I sent to the girls at school. They are tart lemony things that last a long time---for when you want just a little something. 

I appreciate: Friends that bring lunch to the pool and then leave half of it behind for dinner! Thanks Connie---delicious pasta salad, cheese toast and German Chocolate dessert!

I regret: that rain is predicted for tomorrow. Our First Annual ALL Family Reunion might be very short.

How the weekend is shaping up: Besides the picnic tomorrow, the "kids" are coming over on Sunday for a Father's Day pool party. It's supposed to be sunny by then.


4 comments:

  1. We like "Suits" here..we have someone who dreams of being Harvey..

    And we like Lemonheads too, when we can find them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having a good summer, despite the heat! I, too, am thankful for air conditioning. Although we took advantage of the overcast day today to clean out & declutter the garage. I thoroughly enjoyed The Invention of Wings earlier this year - hope you do, too! We enjoy watching TV series on DVD & often have little "marathons" and watch several episodes at once. We just finished watching all Season One of The Last Ship . . . because Season Two starts tomorrow! Hope y'all have a lovely Sunday & the rain doesn't drop in & spoil anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun catch-up post. I'm trying to do some TV catch-up as well, along with scraproom supply rearranging and lots of other things. Have a good week. PS We love baseball, we might have to trek south and take in a Sounds game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice snippets - glad the weather was good for the picnic. Wonder if I can get lemonheads here - Princess would love a sunshine box when she goes back next term.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.