Monday, June 15, 2015

Party Time

It's party time on many levels. Last Wednesday, Sandy, Mitchell, Victoria and Elizabeth came to town. The specific reason was so that Mitchell could meet up with his cousins, Jordan and Morgan to go to Bonaroo. That report will come tomorrow.

For today, we'll start with the surprise "off to college" party we planned for Mitchell.

We ate outside. I had just hired the "Mosquito Squad" to spray for the mosquitoes. It didn't really work, so they are coming back this week.
I made all of his favorite foods---macaroni and cheese, zucchini and a Caesar salad. I made Red Lobster cheese biscuits and bought Corky's ribs. I can't believe I don't have a picture of the chocolate chip cookie cake I had made. The writing looked like a 10 year old had done it. It tasted good, so I guess that's the main thing. We opened gifts before the "kids" left for Bonaroo.
 It just wasn't that long ago that they were like this!!
They have grown up way too fast!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fantastic party. But you're telling me: this time next year I will have no kids at school any more. I can't get my head round it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like fun. That orange and blue aren't Illini colors by chance. Probably something further south? And you've got a recipe for the Red Lobster cheese biscuits. How do I twist your arm to get you to share it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds odd to see Mitchell going off to college - Amadeus is spending a year in a US college and goes in August. Hope he has a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.