Saturday, August 1, 2015

A Recipe Share

I had planned to make this for my sisters on our sisters weekend. But by the time I was supposed to cook it on Saturday night, we were still full from lunch. We decided to have snacks instead. As a result, I still had the ingredients. I made it last night for Stephanie and Nicky and it was soooooo delicious!! I've had the recipe for quite awhile. I found it on Plain Chicken.

Let me start with the fact that I have never had this at Carrabba's. But the next time I go---I'll have to give it a try to see if it truly is the same!

Carrabba's Champagne Chicken
2 T. olive oil
2 T. butter
4 chicken cutlets (I used chicken tenderloins)
1/3 cup flour
2 T. parmesan cheese
salt
pepper
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (I used fresh)
1/4 cup champagne (dry) (I did not put this in because when I realized it was such a small amount, I did not want to open the bottle.)
2/3 cup heavy cream
pinch Kosher Salt
1/8 t. red pepper
1/4 t. tarragon (I didn't use this since I didn't have it.)
6 oz. angel hair pasta, cooked and drained.

Mix together flour, salt, pepper and grated parmesan. Rinse the chicken in water. Dredge them thoroughly in the flour mixture, until well coated.

Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add half of the chicken and do not crowd the pan. Brown well on each side, about 3 minutes on each side (it took more like 15 minutes on each side). Remove the chicken from the pan and reserve to a plate. Cook the other breasts. Remove from pan and keep warm while making the sauce.

*Add the champagne and mushrooms to the pan. Use a spatula to scrape up the browned bits. Reduce the sauce by half. Whisk in cream, salt, black pepper, red pepper and tarragon. Heat until sauce thickens to a creamy consistency. Serve chicken and sauce over angel hair pasta.

*I only put the mushrooms in the pan and cooked them until soft. Then I added the cream, salt, pepper and red pepper. 

If you make it, let me know what you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.